Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
04/2021
Country
US
State
GA
My 6 months anniversary as a widow is approaching. I still cry almost every evening. I have begun listening to a meditation audio book before going to sleep.
Tonight I got back up and searched the Internet and came across Continuing Bonds Grief Theory. It is a very soothing theory. The theory encourages us to write or talk to our PALS, keep their photos out and available, take a. trip they might have wanted to take, start a hobby that they enjoyed. The human spirit is strong enough and broad enough to accept new loves and new relationships while honoring and maintaining bonds with our PALS.

I am over 12 months out and I'm just beginning to not cry every night. I talk to my PALS every day. My bond to him is still so strong.

Reactions: MJT
I agree, Mary and Robin, those connections cannot be broken. So we need not water them with tears or reach back for the past. It is in and with us. We all find our own way to knowing that.

I've attached a pic of Larry's shrine/celebration of life in the living room, in case anyone is considering something similar,. We find it nice to have a little piece of real estate that is just about him, in addition to the books and all the items that were his.

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back