Country
CA
State
BC
City
Victoria
Thanks for your time off the bat.
I'm 44, male.

Around Sept 18th I went to bed and had to get up due to a strong burning sensation in my palms and around the base of a couple fingers. I chalked this up to a new playstation I was playing for a couple days (carpal tunnel). I felt it one other night less intensely maybe around sept 30th.

Sept 19th I had acupuncture and also asked about helping libido.

Sept 20th - 23rd or so I could feel what seemed like my pulse in my groin. I wasn't bothered by it as I thought it was a positive thing from the acupuncture. Then I think it went away.

Around Nov 8 - 14th I had a LOT of stress around a personal relationship

Nov 15th I started feeling the pulsing in my groin again but it was clearly not my pulse as it could be very fast and erratic--I also started to feel what was like a very noticeable vibration in my my groin (only felt internally sort of behind my testicles..couldn't feel anything when I place my hand there). This pulsing/twitching would occur a few times a day usually before or after the vibration. I also started to feel vibration down into my feet, had a foot cramp there which is odd for me, along with some sort of bubbly twitch feelings in my feet. Today is Nov 21 and I'm still getting the vibrations along with some quick twitchs here in there in eye lid or calve (after I saw ALS online/anxiety arose around nov 17th I got some more of these twitches in these new areas)

I haven't felt any muscle weakness which put my mind at ease about ALS but then I've seen several people say twitches were their first symptom. I could chalk this all up to my stress; but as my timeline says I experienced it a bit along with some odd hand burning weeks prior. Any insight about the relation to ALS this could be is appreciated.

Hi there-

We ask that people read this link first: Read Before Posting to see if their questions are answered by the information there, and to make sure your googling has not brought you here in error. As you'll read in the link, nothing you have posted here and are worried about has anything to do with ALS. What it might be is something to work out with your doctor.

All the best

Some people are sensitive to acupuncture and of course stress doesn't help. Maybe give the acupuncture a pass in future and spend that time/money on a counseling session to help you through the difficulties in your current or past relationship.

Yes I was wondering if acupuncture could have triggered some nerve issue. I was going for frozen shoulder after a fall and it seems to have really helped with it. For some reason my lower bottom lip started joining in the twitch party this evening..I'm going to try and focus on redirecting nervous energy about possible dangerous causes about it into relaxation practices. I also have a massage therapist tommorow hopefully she can help either with my nervous system or if there's a nerve impingement somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back