Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
US
State
NC
City
Bessemer City
I am in the early stages of breathing problems and I'm having a lot of shortness of breath. On top of that I've had several bad falls in recent months. I am now experiencing quite a lot of rib cage pain near the base of my breast bone that goes around both sides all the way to my spine.
Is this associated wth my diaphram, or is it something else? The pain is worst when I lie down and get up out of my bed.

It sounds like something else probably. Though I suppose you could be straining your accessory muscles that were already injured in one of your falls Please check with your doctor

Have you had a pulmonary function test recently? Also, I get chest pains from GERD. It could be a number of things, even strained muscles or heart issues.

I'd touch base with your healthcare team and get it checked out.

I do not know what it is. I can report that I have had similar pain as the accessory muscles were becoming weaker. Over time, the pain diminished somewhat.

Steve

Yes, I had a full work-up in January. Everything was within limits

I get interstitial pain - the muscles between your ribs. It's actually my longest onset symptom pre-dating dropped foot. I think it's actually a muscle spasm of sorts.

Back