10/2013
Country
US
State
ma
City
uxbridge
Hi
I am having trouble with adult diapers. Is there any comfortable ones out there? Also can you buy a regular foam mattress to use on a hospital bed. I have been in bed a few months and am starting with bed sores . I would appreciate any help.

We've used both Depends (Adjustable & Sized) and Tena protective underwear. For my wife, the Tena has been the most comfortable and most absorbent... our go to for a long day away from accessible toilet or commode. The Depends Adjustable has also been comfortable... the sized, however, we're trying to use up to be done with them. Sometimes, there can be some chafing on the inner thigh/groin area. We've found that a bit of bath powder (talcum powder) helps tremendously. Obviously, each person is sized differently... and would likely need to find that garment that feels best to them. I hope this helps... and wish you success on your search for that which is most comfortable.

Jim

I recommend a urinal if you have a caregiver that you can inform when you have to pee, and a towel and absorbent underpad for emergencies or leakage. As for the bedsores, I'm so sorry, i imagine they are very painful. I have an ergonomic (adjustable) bed, with just a regular mattress. I thought we would need a special mattress, but we didn't. Make sure you have a good cover. Ours looks icky because we didn't have one at first. Sorry i can't help with the diapers. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back