Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Welland
My Mom has had ALS for almost 5 years now. Having trouble finding a comfortable seat cushion for her power chair. Tried the Roho, but she can't tolerate anything to sit on with bumps or ridges. Any ideas? She is 79 years old, and about 150lbs.:idea:

Sounds like she needs just smooth foam or gel or both. You might look at the Comfort Company line. The real test is her comfort and how her skin looks at the end of the day, not any specific ingredient. Might have brighter ideas if knew what's between her and the cushion, if anything?

A properly inflated Roho should not feel bumpy or seams. It's in the cover, yes? Then you can inflate the cushion a fair amount. Have the PALS sit on it like normal. Now slip your hand palm down under her bottom so your fingers are beneath her sit bone. Now slowly let air out of the cushion until you have about one-half to one inch of space from the bottom of the cushion when you flex your fingers down. You only want enough air in the cushion to keep it from "bottoming out".

I apologize if this is all known information.

I agree the ROHO should not feel bumpy or any ridges.

We use ROHO and a medical grade sheepskin on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back