Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
san jose
Is anyone aware of a heavy female (250 lbs +) PALS who has had success in finding an appropriate lift sling? We are having a very hard time finding a sling that works and would welcome any suggestions.

I have a sling that was sent to me but it was to large if you would like it I will mail it to you its wraps around your legs just send me your address

Hi caldona, just noticed dawood only has 3 posts and won't be able to send you a private message until they post 15 or so...wouldn't want them posting their address openly on the forum. To dawood...gotta a lot of work ahead of you :) Cheers

I highly recommend an Easy Pivot Lift. They're easier to use than a Hoyer Lift and can be easily used by one caregiver. If you have a used medical equipment store in your area you can get one pretty cheaply. I think Medicare will pay 80% of a new one.

Also, your local ALSA might have lifts you can borrow for as long as you need it.

My aide mentioned that a 6pt sling would work better instead of a 4 pt. A "U" shape is nice because it is easier to work with.

Hello everyone. Liko sling type 00 works really good. I have been selling their product for about 10 years and 80% of the time the sling fits perfect. Check your local ALS loan closet and see if they have one. My experience with a 6 point sling its complicated and takes too long.

Mine is a four point it wraps around my legs ordered one that was six points and sent it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back