Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
Ar
City
Mtn. Home
I got a new Nasal Mask it works great during the day it seems like I have more freedom. The Person that brought me my Bipap said I wouldn't be able to use one but when I complained about my face mask pushing my chin down and about how my teeth wouldn't meet and now I can't chew. The new guy brought me up a new chin strap and a nasal mask I can drink with it on, I believe I can eat with it on, and if I talk you can understand me. Now the trouble I am having is, my husband is having trouble getting it just right in my nose holes the guy that brought it to me said my nose holes was really small. I have not slept with it on except for a nap awhile ago and I snorted a lot guess I must be a mouth breather.
Medicare paid for both items

That's great! It's just so hard to find a really great mask. I tried the nasal mask with several chin straps and just can't do it. I finally got a hybrid... it has a large part to go around your mouth plus a big piece to help hold your chin up a bit and then the nasal pillows on top. I bought the cheap Innomed version and it's ok... silicon is not the best on it, but it does the job. Might spring for the more expensive Liberty version and see if it's any better next time around. I alternate between the hybrid and the regular Forma face mask. I ended up with a terrible sore and infection on my nose when I was just using the full face mask!

~ Sarah

That's great! It's just so hard to find a really great mask. I tried the nasal mask with several chin straps and just can't do it. I finally got a hybrid... it has a large part to go around your mouth plus a big piece to help hold your chin up a bit and then the nasal pillows on top. I bought the cheap Innomed version and it's ok... silicon is not the best on it, but it does the job. Might spring for the more expensive Liberty version and see if it's any better next time around. I alternate between the hybrid and the regular Forma face mask. I ended up with a terrible sore and infection on my nose when I was just using the full face mask!

~ Sarah

My mask made my nose sore also, I complained to the people that brought my Bipap they brought a piece of rubber in a package cost to Medicare about $14 Medicare will pay for one every month, my nose is no longer sore. Tell these people what kind of mask you like Medicare might approve it for you. Also Medicare pays For mask every three months I bellieve

I'm still working, so not on Medicare... yet. 6 more weeks of work to go! Anyways... When I complained my nose was getting sore, they gave me that little gel pad thingie and THAT is what caused a sore to become an infection. I woke up after 2 hours of that thing and was in horrible pain. When I took the mask off and peeled the gel pad off.... Eeeewwwww is all I can say. Took a round of antibiotics and more than a month to get it healed up and I will have a scar on my nose probably forever (like that's really a concern in our condition LOL). But glad it's working for you!

~ Sarah

I'm still working, so not on Medicare... yet. 6 more weeks of work to go! Anyways... When I complained my nose was getting sore, they gave me that little gel pad thingie and THAT is what caused a sore to become an infection. I woke up after 2 hours of that thing and was in horrible pain. When I took the mask off and peeled the gel pad off.... Eeeewwwww is all I can say. Took a round of antibiotics and more than a month to get it healed up and I will have a scar on my nose probably forever (like that's really a concern in our condition LOL). But glad it's working for you!

~ Sarah

The nurse that comes to my house gave me a piece of cloth with silver thread running through it. It heals or it has all of my sores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back