Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
NC
City
Concord
My seat cushion was over two years old and was due to be replaced six months ago. I finally got it two days ago. At the time when it was ordered they didn't have any samples so I figured I knew the devil I got, but not the devil I could get. So, I told them just get me another one like what I had.

When it came it turned out to be a ROHO that has all these air cones and a pump and a tube on the front to let air out. I sat on it for half a day and my butt was so sore I couldn't stand it. And I was unable to shift my weight or shimmy around in the chair to get more comfortable. Wherever and how ever I landed in the chair is where and how I had to stay. I had my husband switch the cushions back out this morning.

I know quite a few people have the ROHO and like it. Any suggestions on how much air, how often to pump more air, tricks to provide more comfort?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Try this:

For the ROHO Cushion to be effective, it must be properly adjusted. The goal is to allow yourself to sink as deeply as possible into the cushion without hitting the bottom of it. This is achieved by having as Little air in the cushion as possible. Proper adjustment can only be done while you are sitting on the cushion.

Step 1: Turn cushion valve counter-clockwise to open

Step 2: Inflate cushion by mouth (or pump if provided) until the cushion is filled with air.

Step 3: Turn valve clockwise to close.

Step 4: Place cushion on your seat. with the air cells facing upward. Sit on the seat in your normal sitting position.

Step 5: IMPORTANT! Slowly turn valve counter-clockwise to release the air. You will begin to sink into the cushion. Let out most of the air, leaving only about 1/2 inch or less of air between you and the bottom of the cushion. You should not let out all of the air, but you will need very little air in the cushion for it to work properly.

Step 6: Turn valve clockwise to close.
Note: You can check that you have not let all the air out of the cushion by slowly leaning your body from side to side. You should be able to feel the air transferring beneath you slightly. If too much air is transferring beneath you, let more air out of the cushion.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...jf1tl_&sig=AHIEtbSenlk2SzTgV8B3ksIP53YsknwswA

Thank you Sadiemae! I will try it out.

Sadiemae,
How often do you pump more air into the cushion?

I do mine every month or two. Go to the Roho website. They have instructions.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back