Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
virginia
City
roanoke
Can anyone share information on some of the speech generating devices avaiable to ALS patients who no longer have the ability to talk. My mother has lost her speach rather quickly and we are all in the dark about these devices.

Here is what a few of us have done and it works fantastic.

TextToSpeech

What Joel said, there are now many options for us speechless types than there used to be. If you can type you don't have to spend thousands.

Does anyone have suggestions on technology available for an ALS without any mobility and now without speech. My Dad is in this position. He can't type and now, he can't talk. Is there anything out there?

I am in the same position. What I have posted about works for me.

you could make a seing eye board....with the letters of the alphabet or even phrases..... a speech therapist could help in creating one

there are devises that allow you to use computers with your eyes. Joel uses them.

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day! Any thoughts on the DynaWrite? Yesterday my dad went to look at speech devices and is leaning towards the DynaWrite. I was wondering if any of you have used it before or like something better. Thank you in advance!

Stephanie

Joel your web sight is amazing you are a wonderful help. God Bless You I too am becoming pronunciation challenged (lol) very quickly. I found this very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back