no diagnosis

1. S

8 months and no diagnosis

My symptoms started on November after testing positive for coronavirus. I had several symptoms Chills and cough, I took steroids at night and next morning. After that my Leg got numb for several minutes minutes, then back to normal. Migratory pain ( stopped recently in April) migratory join pain...
  2. F

No diagnosis but something is off

Dear all, thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I wish all of you the very best. I have read the stickies and I know that a lot points away from ALS, however my neurologist cannot really tell me what is going on so I thought I'd ask. I don't know if it is related but in...
  3. S

No diagnosis - Nervous after 6 months

I’m concerned about my symptoms I’ve been facing them for just under 6 months. Let me start out by saying that my life is very stressful. I manage about 500 people all over the world. The ups and downs of corporate politics are very impactful and my stress level in the last 6 months has been...
  4. J

Numbness, muscle twitching, and no diagnosis? Read this.

This post is for those who are currently experiencing numbness and muscle twitching and, like me, tend to automatically assume the worst case scenario. I felt compelled to write this a year and a half after first experiencing neurological issues because #1, it seems that a lot of folks who...
  5. A

Probable ALS - no diagnosis

First off, I want to thank you all so much for the invaluable wisdom so many of you have shared here. You have helped so many (including me) through this disorienting process, and I really can’t thank you enough. This is my first time posting, and I feel like I have nowhere else to turn. My...
  6. G

Question regarding muscle weakness

Hi everyone I have been reading this forum for a month and I have a question regarding muscle weakness. If ALS is a disease of progressive muscle weakness, why does it happen without notice or feeling prior to total loss of function. Everyone says it is about failing not feeling but can't u...
  7. H

Update

Hello everyone, Just a quick update. Still no diagnosis or name for what is going on with me. Does anyone know if Baclofen suppresses the reflexes. My reflexes are always changing sometimes hyperreflexive and other times normal. I'm a mystery what can I say. All I know is that the twitching has...
  8. P

No diagnosis just Tongue biting / eating problem

For approx 4 months I have had increasing problems eating. Manipulating food around my mouth is hard work and I am frequently biting my tongue or mouth. Dry food eg bread is sometimes too difficult to swallow. My voice is slurring, also because I cannot seem to put my tongue in the right...
  9. M

ALS or not

Hello, I am a 44 yo male. I started to notice slurred speech in September of 2017. Shortly after, I was having difficulty opening water bottles and packages with my left hand. In November my fasiculations became constant in my left arm. My slurred speech became more prominent. In December...
  10. J

MND timescales or other neuro issues?

Good morning all, It’s a little advise I’m seeking as all the doc’s I’ve seen and test done have drawn a blank, but the fact remains, my condition is getting worst? I'm not sure what I have but I'm thinking its got to be a nero issue as everything else it coming back as clear, but I'm still...
Back