insurance

1. I

Insurance Rejections

My pals has had 2 big insurance rejections this week. The first was the ventilator. The insurance says no even though he qualifies bc his FVC(?) is below 50%. The pulmonologist asked for an AVAP ( not sure if that the right term) but insurance says my Pals only needs a bipap. The drs response...
  2. BlsdMama

Accelerated death benefit / life insurance

I have two policies and both have accelerated death benefit, meaning that I can collect half the policies before I die when I am deemed to have 12 months or less. I've been a very slow progressor, initially diagnosed with PLS, then SPS, then PLS again, and finally 1.5-2 years ago cementing the...
  3. J

Multiple symptoms for months

Well for starters I found this website in a state of my panic and have read others threads about similar symptoms in a search for reassurance. I have been very apprehensive about posting here because I know a lot of people are probably just overexcited or scared and have convinced themselves...
  4. C

Tongue fasciculations that I can see but can’t feel.

Hello everyone, and thank you for your time to read this and respond. I will be making a donation when I get paid. I’m 28 years old and have had twitches for 3 months. And yes I read the thread that if I have twitches read this first. The problem is that I have terrible health insurance and...
  5. D

Repeated denials for in home services

I’m at my wits end here. PALS has almost no functional movement aside from head/upper torso and a few fingers. He uses his bipap about 20hrs a day. He can be left alone for an hour or so if he’s reading a book on his computer but he can’t move his hands so he’s stuck there if I’m not home...
  6. C

Concerned about leg weakness and other symptoms.

I'm hesitant to post here because of the seriousness of the disease in which I'm extremely anxious over, but I need guidance: I've been battling a bulging disc in my lower back since 2007 that gets irritated a few times a year. Flash back to middle of February and I aggravated it again, but...
  7. C

Really need advice...leg weakness & other symptoms.

I'm hesitant to post this as I know this is a very serious disease to be anxious over, but I'm very worried. I've been battling a bulging disc in my lower back since 2007 that gets irritated a few times a year. Flash back to middle of February and I aggravated it again, but then again went to...
  8. A

Tobii with eye gaze

I've been looking to buy a Tobii with eye gaze technology for my mother who lives in Brazil. Unfortunately her insurance in Brazil doesn't cover this equipment. Any leads for purchasing one here in the USA, would be very appreciated.
  9. K

Left Leg Anomalies

Hi All First of all thank you for all of your support and taking the time to answer our questions and helping us understand what to make of our symptoms. My situation started in early January where I was having sharp, pin like pain in my left thigh - I blamed it on exercise at first but now...
  10. M

Twitching for about two weeks - concerned

Hi all -- Sorry to add another "twitching" thread to a forum full of them, but I suppose everyone's experiences are different and hopefully everyone deserves a chance to be heard. Here's mine: For about two weeks, I've had a twitch in one spot in the middle of my forehead. Same exact spot...
Back