healing

1. L

Progression over a year

I have a closed thread about atrophy in my gastrocnemius. Here is my story until now. May of 2017, tore gastroc. At PT they thought it seemed neurologic and their hypothesis was that the tear was secondary to existing atrophy that I had not noticed. My toe taps on the affected leg were...
  2. pdcraig

What now? part 2

It's late, can't sleep. Just rambing, trying to put some thoughts in order. I can't believe it's been 4 months since Ferd died. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever, like it's been so much longer. And then I think it's only been 4 months, that's why this still feels so raw. I'm back at...
  3. M

My One Year

My one year anniversary was last month. I actually decided to take that week off from work and spend it alone in Cape Cod, which was always a special place for us. I went to the beach at sunset on the very last day of this year of grief and sorrow. As I rode my bike taking in all the...
  4. L

VA coverage for 24 hour care?

Hi, everyone. This is such a wonderful community you all have built. I have learned so much already and am so grateful for this resource. My friend has very recently been diagnosed with ALS, bulbar onset. Diagnosis was only about 3 weeks ago, but things have been progressing rapidly as his...
  5. A

16 years on from diagnosis

Hi folks, (I hope it's appropriate to post this here - my apologies if not - I'm new to the site and I thought this might just help someone...) I was diagnosed 16 years ago. In 2002 I was having falls and finding it awkward to place my feet but I never saw the diagnosis coming. I was just...
  6. L

Walking for Mothers Day

This will be my first mothers day without a Mother. I will participate in the ALS walk in her honor. It will be just 3 months since she passed and not a day goes by that the memory of sitting in the hospital and having a DNR put in front of me to sign doesn't run through my mind. I miss her so...
  7. KarenNWendyn

Why do so many doctors seem unaware of connection between foot drop. and ALS?

This is a question recently posed by another member in another thread. I thought it would be an excellent question for discussion, so I decided to open a new thread so we could get different perspectives. I am coming at this both as a PALS who presented with foot drop and also as a physician...
  8. A

Drained

Just wanted to post some good news. Foot is healing and I should be out of boot in two weeks! Can't wait till back in sneakers. It has been very difficult, but used a knee scooter with basket to get around house. Taking husband to dentist and arranging coverage so I could go to ortho had...
  9. C

Reference lab negative for Lyme

Hello I posted back in January with speech difficulty and mild twitching and discomfort in my leg! My symptoms are still there with added discomfort now in my right wrist and palm! My doctor was sure it was Lyme after Elisa test came back positive but the reference lab said there wasn't...
  10. D

Should I be concerned?

Good morning, I'm new to this forum as a member, but have reading you for a while and know enough to be really scared. I am female of 32 years old, with neuro symptoms for two and a half years. Since than I have been to two neuromuscular neurologist several times. Prior these symptoms ( 9...
Back