footdrop

1. J

Confirmed diagnosis on friday

Well, got my second opinion. confirmed I have ALS. I was very happy with the doctor I saw. She was compassionate and took an hour and a half doing some tests such as reflex, strength etc. then she said the words. I’m sorry she said. She wants to do another EMG of back, left leg, left arm and...
  2. J

Scared

I had an EMG test done in 2016 when I developed foot drop and was tripping and occasionally falling. The neurologist didn’t have any concern at that time. He said I had some arthritis. I saw a neurosurgeon and decided to do surgery for foot drop on my L5 section, discectomy she called it...
  3. N

Continued Symptoms

I made a post about A few months back on the symptoms that I was having. My symptoms continue to feel about the same. I am 31 years old an average height and weight. Three months ago I started noticing bilateral leg weakness when going downstairs. Shortly after that I noticed weakness in my...
  4. L

unsure

Hello everybody Thank you for the possibility to ask spezific questions about my symptomes. I can t imagine what you are going through. Thank you for your time! Since 2013 strange symptomes startet on my dominant side of my body: dropping small things daily, shoulder sank down, beginning...
  5. M

Fascics and Numbness

Hello, This is my first post. I've read so much on this forum over the past couple of weeks, and I am impressed by the comradery, love, and professionalism here. I worry about my symptoms and am going in to see my PCP next Monday about my concern. Here's a bit of my history: 43 year old male...
  6. S

I have a lot of symptoms but normal EMG

So about 8 months ago i started experiencing muscle weakness in my legs and some pain and fasciculations. I didn't think much of it and thought it was due to overtraining in the gym. A couple of months later after some rest the symptoms didn't subside and spread to my arms and then i started...
  7. C

So afraid of bulbar - male teenager

I'm 15 and for the past two weeks I've been pretty self conscious of my voice. I first slurred a few words in school which sent me off the deep end. I now a stuck on the fact that I have bulbar als. I look at my tongue and move it around as fast as I can and keep noticing small decreases in...
  8. C

Start of Foot Drop? Very scared/concerned..

Hello guys, if you could reply back to me this would be great. I am a 15 year old male, fairly healthy and athletic. I've been to my GP three times now because of this and other symptoms (muscle aches, fasciculations everywhere, shakiness in every limb, perceived weakness, etc.) With two short...
  9. L

Need some help and advice regarding my symptoms

Hi, Sorry for taking up space on this forum, i know there's alot of people out there who probably need help and answers more than i do but i would really appreciate if any one you could give me some advice on some symptoms i have. Firstly im 34 years old, i don't have any serious medical...
  10. K

Husband progressing rapidly

I am new here, my husband was initially diagnosed with ALS on July 17, 2013. Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday, sometimes it seems like a million years. The first symptom was right footdrop in March. He thought that he had something wrong with his ankle...then he thought it was his hip...
Back