choke

1. D

Wholeheartedly Believe It's Bulbar Onset

Hi All, I sincerely apologise for coming on here again. (Last here in 2012). I just wanted to put my thoughts down into words due to the worry it is causing. Firstly I’m a 34 year old male who is very overweight and leads a very sedentary lifestyle I have had a large variety of symptoms which...
  2. M

Is this Bulbar PLS/ALS?

Hi so to start with I’m male age 26 So a few months ago I got rapid heartbeat tachycardia (I know not often a symptom of MND), They found no cardiac explanation, then started getting muscle twitches which I still get sometimes, again no obvious explanation. I noticed a panting in my throat...
  3. L

Question about Bulbar

I really didn't want to post on here because I know those confirmed with this horrific disease have alot more on their plate. But I also recognize it is a great resource with alot of Knowledgeable people. A little about me, 42/m very active and big into fitness and bodybuilding most my life...
  4. A

Back after 5 years... still worried

In 2012 fasciculations started. I also have pin and needles and some other little things. Went to the neurologist, he did some tests and diagnosed me with BFS. Slowly my worries disappeared and I went on with my live. I'm 42 years old now and a mum of 4 kids. But... since 2014 I got some...
  5. W

Symptoms bulbar and left arm

Hello! My heart goes out to anyone with this horrifying disease. Nobody deserves it. I have read the sticky in this forum and have been unsure wether I should post, but my anxiety about this disease is severe. I figure I should seek the advice of people who actually have this disease and...
  6. H

ALS fear with thenar atrophy, twitching, cramp tendency

Hi there Great respect to your forum and the great people that are fighting the disease, friends and care givers! ALS is a shocking tragedy for humanity in 2019, 150 years after its discovery still no cure. About myself I'm Asian, live in Calgary, Canada. I'm 33, a father of 2 lovely kids at...
  7. A

is this a cold?

I think I read that colds manifest differently in us. Everyone around me has been sick and even though very careful I think it's my turn. only symptom is increased mucous causing repeated choke attack and runs to cough machine, like ten times a day?! Otherwise just fatigued. have increased...
  8. J

Judgement day coming up...

G'day everyone. So it's coming up to a year now since I've first been on here - you can read my following threads (though I really don't advise this): Another "Bulbar ALS?" Thread Ongoing ALS concerns... I am now a 30-year-old MD currently living in Australia. I know on my last thread I said I...
  9. C

Swallowing issues and muscle tiredness

Hi! I am a 31 year old woman who has been experiencing twitching and muscle tiredness for a while now. It started with some strange symptoms after the birth of my youngest son 4,5 years ago (vertigo, paresthesia, raynauds muscle tiredness and swallowing issues). They found a positive ANA and...
  10. R

Update

Sorry to open a new thread, but nothing else seems to help. I know you told me to go to a doctor, but I physically have not had the time, and I'm going to another country for a few weeks soon. I still get back pain and my back is very sore. The muscles of my neck and shoulders also feel sore...
Back