symptoms of als

1. L

On the verge of a breakdown ..all symptoms of Als

A year ago I started feeling numbness and tingling in my leg and burning sensation in my head I did a brain MRI which showed corticospinal tract hyperintensities which are biomarkers of Als. Neurologists said no Als and related my symptoms to anxiety but symptoms exacerbated a lot.later I began...
  2. M

Genetic Testing

Hi there, My family has been burdened with C9 - we’ve lost 6 amazing people in 2 generations, so far, including my mom, Godfather, and Gramma. I’ve struggled with anxiety over this disease for over a decade now. The anxiety presents itself in the form of symptoms and I trick myself into...
  3. J

Please do not be too quick to say NO to possible ALS diagnosis

About 3-4 years ago I came to this forum and asked the dreaded question "Do I have ALS". I had some fasciculations and cramping in my feet, balance issues, spasticity in both legs and slight speech changes. I was assured by members that my symptoms were NOT symptoms of ALS and I went merrily...
  4. K

17 year old male fast progressing als symptoms

hello everyone, first and foremost i want to say that to all of you living with als, you guys are an inspiration and you guys are all warriors, i mean no disrespect by this post just treally concerned and any bit of answers would help a lot! so the last 2 months i have just constantly been...
  5. H

Very scared - seems more like ALS each day

Hi All, First I wanted to say thank you to all of the folks who take the time to read these posts and share their opinions. I've been reading on these forums for a little while now and figured it was finally time to share my concerns... Before I go into detail about my story, I'll quickly...
  6. Doglady

Limb onset question

Hello all! It's certainly great to be a part of this group of experts - and I do appreciate all the helpful advice I've received and read in past messages on various topics. The knowledge and wisdom here is awesome and I've learned a lot! So, where else would I go when I can't figure...
  7. M

Arch fallen?

Hi... I’ve had years of slowly progressing symptoms (too slow to get dx), 2 muscle biopsies with some borderline als characteristics, fasiculations for many years in legs and feet (and off and on all over)..finally got dx of foot drop in right foot a year ago... but my left foot has weakened in...
  8. T

Worrisome symptoms - should I be concerned?

Hi, first of all - thanks in advance for spending some of your precious your time reading my long story. I'm 25 and last 3 months of my life was the worst (so far) , fear-ridden time I have ever experienced. Everything started on the 1st of October with a constant, mild headache with painful...
  9. L

Please Help. Hopeless

I have had constant twtiching in both calves for going on 3 months. i also have twitching randomly all over my body including my tongue. all the muscles twitch at rest and when i get up to walk or move around my calves stop twitching. i get radnom ones in arms, hands, tongue ( at rest ), butt...
  10. W

Laryngospasm and atrophy

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the post. I've tried to avoid it until now, but my worries are totally draining the focus of my life and I feel you can help me. I'm a man, I'm 28 years old and I live in Spain. Just over two months ago I started having a cough crisis that did not end at...
Back