myasthenia gravis

1. W

Questions on testing

Thank you for taking the time to read what I have going on. I am a 44 years old mom of two adult children and a 10 year old. Last month, my boss called an ambulance and had me taken to the hospital because I was having problems talking, couldn’t swallow and couldn’t lift my leg and I panicked...
  2. L

Peak cough flow variation in ALS

Hi guys, I posted a few times already here about my mother who has a possible diagnosis of ALS, but seronegative Myasthenia Gravis is also still being considered, but it cannot explain the hyperreflexia of her legs. So they think ALS and MG or maybe cervical radiculopathy. She has atypical...
  3. B

Article about demographics etc for ALS reversals (Dr. Bedlack)

I follow Dr. Bedlack on twitter and this popped up yesterday....really interesting. Makes me want to try some of the supplements they mentioned: "The odds of taking curcumin, luteolin, cannabidiol, azathioprine, copper, glutathione, vitamin D, and fish oil were higher for cases than for...
  4. L

Reversible breathing issues with IVIG in ALS and MG

Dear PALS, I've had an earlier thread regarding my mother, who's diagnosis is still uncertain. Both Laurie and Karen were very helpful. A short intro: My mother is a very complex case and has shortness of breath, orthopnea, loss of strength in upper arms and some atrophy of the deltoid...
  5. A

Muscle burning and Tremors for two years before sudden onset of ALS-like symptoms

Backstory: I am a 20 year old male, with a sudden onset of ALS symptoms, after two years of ALS-unrelated symptoms. I am concerned about juvenile ALS. In June of 2015, I began feeling tightness in my calf and began tripping on carpets. I began experiencing muscle burning when I exercised, and...
  6. worrieddaughter77

Questions to doctors during second ALS clinic visit.

My dad has been diagnosed with "MND likely ALS " a month ago in North Western University hospital in Chicago. In 4 days we are going to his second ALS clinic visit. During our last visit, i was too overwhelmed and unprepared to ask questions, but i want to make sure i am all of the important...
  7. B

Please help does my father have ALS

I was wondering if someone knowledgeable would be able to help me with some concerns regarding my fathers condition. He has been tested for over a year now and we still don’t have a final diagnosis but doctor seems to be leaning towards ALS. My father was diagnosed with Ocular melanoma 13 years...
  8. F

Upcoming EMG + Trouble Walking

Hi! First post here. Thank you for your insight in advance. I'm female, 35 years old. Please bear with me as I try to walk you through what's been happening. For the past 18 months, I've been experiencing strange "episodes" of muscle sensations. They usually come on slowly and last for several...
  9. K

EMG tomorrow

Hi, First time posting to this forum. Thank you for taking the time to respond. My main question is: I don't believe that I will be diagnosed with ALS tomorrow. But I dobelieve that I have something, and I do believe that I am getting worse. I don't really know what to do. If my EMG is clean...
  10. P

Is usually facial nerve affected in early ALS?

Hi, I am not new to this forum. I was suspected of myasthenia gravis, which was ruled out by the doctor who did emg. I did also an eeg and a magnetic resonance of brain, about which I didn't get any feedback yet, waiting for the second visit at the neurologist. I am currently taking...
Back