emotional lability

1. J

New diagnosis.. In shock

Hi Everybody, My name is Jennifer and my 57 year old husband was just preliminarily diagnosed with Bulbar Onset ALS. We are completely in shock as his first symptoms (that he/we can recall) started in early June 2016 (maybe late May). He began with slurred speech, emotional lability and his...
  2. E

Transferring Vent PALS to Nursing Facility

Hi fellow CALS, My name is Ariel. It's been many years since I've posted on this forum but our family has determined we need some help form those that might have more experience than us. My mother has had ALS for 10 years now. She's completely paralyzed except for eyes and mouth (which have...
  3. D

Opinion on slowly progressing MND disease

Hi, first of all I want to say a big thank you to all the people that post on this forum. I've spent quite a long time here lately, and reading your stories of compassion and courage was a big help to me. I hope this is the right place to open this topic. If not, feel free to move it. A member...
  4. L

Emotional lability and Nuedexta

I recently returned from a trip to Minnesota to see family & friends. The thought of traveling alone was a bit scary, but I decided it would be fine. After two weeks there, my friend (who I met on this forum and who has PLS) dropped me off at the airport. After saying goodbye and getting...
  5. 4tloml

Any diagnosed have this much uncertainty at first?

I am wondering if anyone has experienced symptoms developing along these lines, because my husband seems an enigma to the 3 neurologists who are passing him around. A year and a half ago, my husband's speech became notably slurred. I had noticed a tremor in his hand and occasional slurring a...
  6. B

Neudexta Side Effects

I am really curious if any Neudexta users have had side effects, or difficulty adjusting to it. I started it two weeks ago and have been on two capsules a day for the last week. I have been having headaches, paranoia, and just can't seem motivated to get anything done. It kind of reminds me of...
  7. M

No diagnosis yet?

Hi, I have already posted on the PLS forum but thought I would post here as have not yet got a diagnosis. Symptoms started about 2 1/2 years ago but only became noticeable about 18 months ago. It has been very gradual. I have been to see 2 neuros. I have spasticity in my legs. Dysarthria in...
  8. affected

Stupid things people say to PALS

I can come up with so many of these! Thought it might be a nice companion thread to Fun with ALS. My PALS was having too much trouble swallowing to manage more than 3 mouthfuls of mashed fruit and icecream that had melted in. So his mother turned and said - would you rather try a piece of...
  9. W

PBA- emotional lability

Does anyone else with PLS have this? Mine is doing much better since starting effexor. I've only had a few instances, but I was able to get it under control quickly. Anyway, despite my husband being witness to it, I don't think he understood what was going on. But the other day I saw a...
  10. L

Really need some help with new symptoms

Okay diagnosed officially with bulbar onset motor neuron disease. Which I think means there are different types? He has had difficulty with slurred speech that started a year ago(Now his speech is "airy" and slow, super "nasily") with problems swallowing. Had EMG that showed fasciculations in...
Back