children

1. Nikki J

Webinar on how to talk to children about ALS diagnosis

Another CCALS presentation. The speaker is from a program at mgh that helps PALS deal with this https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvc--orjoqG93jVOmKhtacalRsb_6GNNeY
  2. D

Repeated denials for in home services

I’m at my wits end here. PALS has almost no functional movement aside from head/upper torso and a few fingers. He uses his bipap about 20hrs a day. He can be left alone for an hour or so if he’s reading a book on his computer but he can’t move his hands so he’s stuck there if I’m not home...
  3. Nikki J

Importance of reading to your children

The Million Word Gap Parents who take time to read aloud to their children are doing them a huge favor. Not only is it a memorable bonding activity, but it's also a way to jump-start a child's education and put them on the fast track to literacy. Many parents and caretakers know this...
  4. T

Sinking - got a lifeline?

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance for the length of this post. I’ve only been a registered user for less than 24 hours but am really impressed with the empathy and knowledge of posters and moderators. What a fantastic resource. I am on this site to not only utilize the nuts and bolts of...
  5. H

New symptoms 1 year after being exposed with fnd

Hey all, I am glad I found you. I have been experiencing twitching for 2 1/2 years. I was d's with fnd last year. However, this last February my foot started twitching like crazy. This march the CONSTANT twitching moved to the other side of the same foot. I noticed that my foot has atrophied...
  6. W

Questions on testing

Thank you for taking the time to read what I have going on. I am a 44 years old mom of two adult children and a 10 year old. Last month, my boss called an ambulance and had me taken to the hospital because I was having problems talking, couldn’t swallow and couldn’t lift my leg and I panicked...
  7. M

I was finally diagnosed after my father

This is my previous article link: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/43074-my-sister-i-have-same-symptoms-same-time-after-my-father-diagnosed.html Hello everyone, I returned after being diagnosed after 6 months of symptoms and tests. My neurologist concluded MND disease after a...
  8. B

Worried About Symptoms

Hello! Thank you for allowing me to post this on this forum. I really appreciate any insight! About a year ago, I was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity, hiatal hernia, and too much stomach acid. I was placed on a medication and a gluten-free diet. After a few weeks, I noticed some twitching...
  9. kitkat

Choices

My PALS finally received his PWC a couple weeks ago. He should have received it almost a year ago, but miscommunications & ball dropping happened. It is set up with a head array so he can drive it, and a joystick in the back so I can drive it. Unfortunately, his neck has gotten so weak, he is...
  10. MarieLaure

Soon after diagnosis

On his first clinic day after diagnosis my dad saw a psychologist who asked him to model how he saw himself in a sort of clay or children doth sort of thing. At the time he could still move his hands a bit but not all of his fingers. He was surprised to see that his work made him think of...
Back