baclofen

1. I

Weakness

My husband has bulbar ALS .The DR has upped his dosage of Baclofen to 5 times a day.He is considerably weaker taking after taking them.Anyone else .Thank you .
  2. Kristina1

spastic gait, walking on forefoot/toes

The main reason I use a walker at home, wheelchair out is my spastic gait makes walking very difficult and a huge fall risk. My spasticity is such that I can't put my heels down when I walk, I walk on the front of my feet, almost on my toes, and put my weight on the outer sides of my feet. At...
  3. T

Any suggestions for helping with spasticity?

Hi - My husband's spasticity in his legs are making him feel like he really cannot walk. We saw his doc. on Tuesday who said the weakness is not as much of a problem as the spasiticity. Any suggestions besides baclofen? He's tried it and it just gives him jelly legs. I'm thinking of cutting...
  4. D

Baclofen - should I expect any issues?

Clinic had me start Baclofen today for leg numbness and stiffness. What do I need to watch for? Have you experienced improvement with this drug?
  5. C

Digestive issues help-baclofen

Over 2 years into this disease, and one of my husband’s big problems has been abdominal cramping, bloating, diarrhea, constipation- you name it. Hospice has recommended everything you can name. Not much helped. Each day in mid-afternoon, he would get abdominal cramps and just feel awful. He...
  6. G

After months of lurking, I'm officially here

I've been lurking here for about 6 months, mostly to be able to say, "oh good, that doesn't sound like me!" But, as of September 24th, I became an "official PALS". Not a club I wanted to be part of. My symptoms started with excessive yawning, and the inability to sing. Like I sang a solo on...
  7. K

Just want your support...

You’re all going to think I’m crazy..I know. I promise I’m not chasing this disease. I just want support through my journey. I just want to ask if I could hang around here with all of you, I love all of you. Your stories inspire me and talking to you all makes me feel so much less pain. It helps...
  8. Kristina1

jaw clenching

Lately I'm having a lot of involuntary jaw clenching. Does anyone know if this is just stress or if it is another random UMN thing? I have a LOT of cramps, over-active reflexes, spasticity etc. Is this another thing like that, or just stress induced? The reason I ask is because I think I...
  9. IgorZilio

Cramping and pain.

Hey everyone, A few days ago I had very bad cramps in my right leg, groin/thigh, to the point of screaming. It was out of the blue, I was just sitting. Yesterday almost the same thing in my left arm and hand. My pinky actually curled because of the cramp. Since then I'm with this horrible...
  10. M

Recently diagnosed

I am a 61 year old female diagnosed in May 2018. Not a fan. Most of my issues are with my legs at this point and I am hoping to return to work (working from home though). Been to the ALS clinic here in Toronto and they were really supportive and helpful. Doing physio. Getting a foot brace for my...
Back