als research

1. lgelb

Biogen picks up Ionis SOD1 treatment option

This is important not just for advancing SOD1 tx, but establishing another case where a smaller firm (where a lot of ALS work is being done) has successfully handed off a therapy to a larger firm. This helps incentivize ALS research. ---- [Adapted from Seeking Alpha] Having seen positive...
  2. J

Numbness, muscle twitching, and no diagnosis? Read this.

This post is for those who are currently experiencing numbness and muscle twitching and, like me, tend to automatically assume the worst case scenario. I felt compelled to write this a year and a half after first experiencing neurological issues because #1, it seems that a lot of folks who...
  3. S

Company donating to ALS

Hey everyone, Don’t come on here often, but wanted to give a high 5 to a company called pop sockets the are donating 10% of every sale to ALS research through the month of September Go to popsockets.com to order yours today
  4. R

ALS MND Symposium - Patient Fellows Program

For anybody with ALS MND who is interested in the science and can get to Glasgow, the Patient Fellows Program is now open for applications... https://alsmndpatientfellows.wordpress.com/ The fellowship covers symposium fees and hotel and a little misc. Thanks to ALSTDI, RobG for coordinating...
  5. R

NP001 Neuraltus

https://journals.lww.com/neurotodayonline/blog/NeurologyTodayConferenceReportersAANAnnualMeeting/Pages/post.aspx?PostID=65 LOS ANGELES–An experimental drug that regulates inflammation and showed a strong signal in a pilot study in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) failed to...
  6. E

ALS Survey - Please Take!

Hello! My name is Emma Courtney and I am a Junior at Walnut Hills High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. This year, I am enrolled in AP Research, a year-long course that concludes in a final research paper, comprising of both research and our own investigation into a topic, that is used as the exam...
  7. A

Webinar: 10 things to watch in 2017

This was from ALS TDI and an interesting listen: ALS Unfiltered Webinar: Top 10 Things in ALS Research to Watch for in 2017 | ALS TDI List he goes through: 1. Edarvone 2. Tirasemtiv 3. Masitinib 4. NP001 5. NurOwn 6. AT-1501 7. Communication Devices 8. Precision Medicine 9. New Commish @ FDA...
  8. H

Wake Forest University ALS RESEARCH

Hey members this is very promising. Myself and another ALS Patient were fortunate to meet with the scientist and doctors regarding their ALS research. They need to take this to the next level. We are working to help raise the funds to do just that. Translational Science Unit - ALS Center -...
  9. H

Ayahuasca stimulates the birth of new brain cells

Article from Beckley Foundation website Scientists find that Ayahuasca stimulates neurogenesis - the birth of new brain cells – latest findings from the Sant Pau Research Programme Our collaborator Dr Jordi Riba presented these ground-breaking results at the Interdisciplinary Conference on...
  10. Nikki J

MRI findings and FTD variants

I found this really interesting ALS Research Forum | Brain Atrophy Patterns Support Distinct Subtypes of Frontotemporal Dementia
Back