stages

1. G

Riding South Island NZ on a three-wheeler in early stages MND

I was diagnosed in March 2022 and am relatively slow progressing. However, I can no longer ride a regular bike as I am scared I will fall off and my muscles are too weak. So I am riding as many of the Great Rides of New Zealand as I can on my electric three-wheeler with pedals and raising...
  2. B

Panic attacks

Hi Everyone, Been a while since my last question. Hoping someone can help us out or guide us. My dad is in the late stages of ALS and is now living in a residence and having multiple panic attacks per day. This has been going on for the last 2 weeks and he is being brought back and forth from...
  3. V

Husband is a possible carrier of c9 gene - anxiety over symptoms.

Hi Everyone, My husband is 35 years old and has lost a cousin, an aunt, 2 uncles, (all to ALS) and currently watches his mom battle the final stages of ALS. His family carries the c9 gene. Upon visiting with his mom over Christmas (they live out of state) and spending a week surrounded by ALS...
  4. L

Your avarage DIHALS?

Dear forum users, I've read over several threads and you are so patient and kind to everyone that visits, I take my hat off to you. I tried my best not to post here, telling myself I am silly for thinking and regret the day I thought it would be a neat idea to Google my symptoms (this should be...
  5. T

How to best help my pALS in early stages?

Good evening -- I'm asking all of you to share with me some ideas, tools, methods, anything that I can do to help my pALS with regular living tasks. He works just so hard to so such simple things -- getting dressed, undressed, etc - I know you guys know. He is in the early stages -- leg...
  6. W

@Nikki J

Sorry to ask but im a worried mother trying to understand this. ive been researching emg studies and if you look on the emg my sons recruitment patterns are all normal and to my understanding in MND or ALS even in early stages they would be abnormal recruitment patterns? Also same with Duration...
  7. T

Sleeping all the time...early stages

Hello: My husband was diagnosed this past Dec. He has limb (legs and arms) onset. He is still working and driving. But...he sleeps a lot. Like almost all the time when he is not at work. I'm just trying to be patient with it and I know extreme fatigue is part of this awful disease. I...
  8. A

Probable ALS - no diagnosis

First off, I want to thank you all so much for the invaluable wisdom so many of you have shared here. You have helped so many (including me) through this disorienting process, and I really can’t thank you enough. This is my first time posting, and I feel like I have nowhere else to turn. My...
  9. B

Constant use of Bipap machine

Hi Everyone, Haven’t posted in about a year. My father was diagnosed approx 18 months ago with ALS and he is in the final stages. He has trouble holding up his head, can barely walk on his own, not eating anymore on his own and getting all his nutrients from a feeding tube. Just this week his...
  10. V

Need honest opinions--or tough love!

I am in need of honest opinions-and maybe a little tough love. First: I have so much respect for the folks battling this disease while also being willing to support and advise others. My gratitude goes out to you. Second: I read the sticky, and I realize I likely don't belong on this forum...
Back