getting a diagnosis

1. P

Looking advice on diagnosis

Hello dear people, First and foremost I have to say that I have utmost respect for everyone who replies to the posts of us health worriers - this forum has helped me immensely when looking for information about this terrible illness. My story is this, I am 28 years old male, I have got a PhD...
  2. Clearwater AL

Apparently it works... somewhat.

I was sitting just staring at the DIHALS page and I happened to look up at the very top right of the page and it struck me. The first two Stickies (they used to be called that but now are "Important") apparently work... somewhat except for a few fortunately. "Important: READ BEFORE POSTING...
  3. V

Getting diagnosed in Canada

According to my neurologist I have neurological disease. I have had an MRI which ruled out MS but I need NCS and AMG testing before he can decide if it is ALS or something else unpleasant. The problem is that the wait time for testing is 7 months. I could go over the border to WA State but...
  4. A

Help with diagnosis

My mother is having a very hard time getting a diagnosis. She is 71 years old. Tingling in her legs and fatigue with even one block of walking in her legs for the past three years. Two years ago she started having difficulty clasping a necklace and now there is some atrophy between her thumb...
  5. M

Now questioning my neuro problems...

Hi all. I am a young female who has been having on going neuro problems which now seem to be getting worse. I presented to my neurologist a few years back with spastic parapasesis. They were concerned as I was told my neuro exam was very abnormal. I have spasticity and weakness, muscle wasting...
  6. A

Possible symptoms?

Before writing further, I want to note that I have read the Common Concern and getting a diagnosis stickies. I hesitated to even describe my symptoms because several would seem to point in contrary directions from ALS. However, I'm going to post here regardless because (1) some symptoms do...
  7. L

Flail Arm Syndrome

Hello! This is my first post on here and i have been looking for anywhere to ask questions / get advice on ways to help my mum. My mum is 61 years old and has eventually been diagnosed with flail arm syndrome which is a rare type of MND. As it seems to be, it took quite a while to get to this...
  8. lgelb

Important READ BEFORE POSTING! Getting a diagnosis

If you have a sudden loss of vision, the worst headache of your life, unexplained chest/arm/back pain that does not go away and/or sudden unexpected paralysis in any body part, stop reading now, have someone drive you to the emergency room or call 911. So, you’re worried about a...
  9. M

Problems Diagnosing my husband

Good Morning: My husband, who is a US Vet, was experiencing what we thought was a bulging disc, that also entailed numbness and pain in his feet and legs. Then the muscle spasms in the middle of the night that made him scream became an every night occurrance. He also was experiencing crushing...
  10. W

muscle biopsy? update from my appt as well

I had an appointment with my neurologist today. I went in because I've had more progression and I wanted him to see. I made sure to tell him everything that was going on and how it was affecting my life. He seemed to really listen this time. Told me that he's been thinking about me and...
Back