foot drop

1. J

Awaiting diagnosis

Hello. I started with foot drop about 6months ago. My left leg has gotten progressively worse and has moved to my R leg. Emg was bad showed decreased nerve conduction and muscle loss in both legs. I have brisk reflexes and positive Babinski on both sides. The neurologist agreed these...
  2. J

Please do not be too quick to say NO to possible ALS diagnosis

About 3-4 years ago I came to this forum and asked the dreaded question "Do I have ALS". I had some fasciculations and cramping in my feet, balance issues, spasticity in both legs and slight speech changes. I was assured by members that my symptoms were NOT symptoms of ALS and I went merrily...
  3. C

6 months in, new symptoms

I posted to this forum a few months ago after my symptoms started. At that time I had neck stiffness and pain, body wide twitching but constant in my lower legs and some swallowing problems. Symptoms have come and gone over the past 3 months. My neck pain and stiffness dissipated. My...
  4. B

Still concerned, but should I be?

33 year old male. Obese. Office job. I have always had some health anxiety, let's start there. My main anxiety throughout my adult life has been colon cancer, which comes from my symptoms of IBS and GERD. Back in April I had a gastro event, and it ramped up my anxiety. Afterwards I started...
  5. M

Arch fallen?

Hi... I’ve had years of slowly progressing symptoms (too slow to get dx), 2 muscle biopsies with some borderline als characteristics, fasiculations for many years in legs and feet (and off and on all over)..finally got dx of foot drop in right foot a year ago... but my left foot has weakened in...
  6. A

So worried

6 months ago I had weakness on my right side, numb tongue, facial numbness, followed by fasiculations in my tongue and my entire body. Fast forward and I have right foot drop burning tongue, difficulty swallowing I just left the hospital after an endoscopy, swallow study and a manometry, clean...
  7. KarenNWendyn

Dysesthesias as part of ALS?

I’m wondering if any other PALS have experienced this or know if it’s part of ALS — My presenting “failure” with ALS was left foot drop. However, about 3-4 years prior to that foot drop, I noticed an odd sensation in the same foot — not exactly a pain, and not a numbness, but more like a...
  8. D

ALS fears

Hi guys, I’m really new to this thread and have read all the information before posting this. I’m really scared at the moment. A few days ago I noticed a sudden weakness in my left leg. This wasn’t gradual and as I say, very sudden. I can still walk properly, walk on my tip toes and I don’t...
  9. A

As every other person that posts here, I’m freaking out.

Hey guys and gals. I want to first say thank you so much for taking the time to read this and others posts on this subject. I know it can’t be easy for all of you, and it has to get tiresome. Also to say god bless to each and everyone of you that is affected by als. I’m 23 and a male. I get...
  10. L

Foot drop

Hello all you beautiful strong warriors. I had a second nerve conduction emg today after having a surgery to decompress my peroneal nerve. For months i harrassed you guys with my crazy health anxiety questions thinking my drs were wrong there has to be more than just nerve damage I pleaded to be...
Back