abdominal

1. J

For all the anxious twitchers with clean EMG...

Hello! After reading a lot, searching a lot, I realized something that definitely reassured me. I thought it might help other people who are anxious ... (Sorry for my english, it's not my first langage :) ) ALS combines problems of upper and lower motor neurons. Each pathway has its own...
  2. M

25 year old. Possible ALS?

Hi everyone; let me introduce myself. My name is Yasmin and I am a 25 year old female. I hate that I’ve come here and I wish I didn’t get to this point because I feel absolutely awful for doing so but the anxiety ended me up in the hospital and I am at my lowest point with this fear or...
  3. A

I have to rule out ALS

My story starts in Feb 2018. During an xray for shoulder pain they discovered my left diaphragm was elevated, but they didn't bother to tell me. They gave me painkillers for shoulder bursitis. I complained to my PCP in Sep 20108 of constipation. She ordered an abdominal CT scan that showed...
  4. K

Trouble with Sentry 1400 Low Air Loss/ Alternating Air Mattress

Hi all, hoping someone can help with our problems with the alternating air mattress. Just had this delivered from the ALS closet on Thursday. First two nights, she finally slept till 5am, instead of 2am. That was good. Last night she slept badly. But the rest of it is a disaster. She is so...
  5. A

My story

Hi all. Here's my story. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. I am 55 female. Started having finger, hand, and toe cramping at least 17 years ago. I also had body wide twitching. Was worried cuz I was due to have a kidney transplant surgery with general anesthesia and was...
  6. C

Digestive issues help-baclofen

Over 2 years into this disease, and one of my husband’s big problems has been abdominal cramping, bloating, diarrhea, constipation- you name it. Hospice has recommended everything you can name. Not much helped. Each day in mid-afternoon, he would get abdominal cramps and just feel awful. He...
  7. J

Judgement day coming up...

G'day everyone. So it's coming up to a year now since I've first been on here - you can read my following threads (though I really don't advise this): Another "Bulbar ALS?" Thread Ongoing ALS concerns... I am now a 30-year-old MD currently living in Australia. I know on my last thread I said I...
  8. L

Seeking help on my symptoms, scared and depressed

Hello all, I am desperately seeking for help regarding my symptoms. Doctors do not seem to listen to me or take me seriously so it would be really appreciated if anyone with the knowledge of ALS symptoms could help me. I am an immigrant living in Canada, Toronto, 26 years old female...
  9. A

trouble with bowels, what else is new!

OK, hospice nurse wants me to double amount of water I'm getting. Don't know if that's tolerable. Starting to put sixteen ounces of water in gravity bag on slow drip. wants me to go from thirty ounces to sixty. Does that seem like a lot? says stool softener and dense food require lots of...
  10. A

It's been a journey and i'm suspicious

Hi everyone My name is Alan Rodriguez,I'm 26 years old, I'm Mexican and currently living in the country's capital. I've read the obligatory post to read before creating a thread, i do this to know your opinion and to be heard more than for my peace of mind, i hope I'm not breaking any rules...
Back