trouble swallowing

1. K

17 year old male fast progressing als symptoms

hello everyone, first and foremost i want to say that to all of you living with als, you guys are an inspiration and you guys are all warriors, i mean no disrespect by this post just treally concerned and any bit of answers would help a lot! so the last 2 months i have just constantly been...
  2. G

Not sure what's going on

Hi everyone, First of all just want to say thank you for what you guys do and provide everyone on this site. I'm so sorry for anyone who is impacted by this disease in any way. I've read the sticky portion which was reassuring, but I'm still freaking out. Let me explain.. Around thanksgiving I...
  3. L

I have a feeling this could be ALS

Please tell me if this sounds familar to any of you... I am a 31 year old mixed race female and 2 months ago I started to have trouble swallowing, then trouble breathing came next, soon all the muscles in my body hurt and felt very weak. The weakness and pain started with my neck, jaw and upper...
  4. S

27 Year Old Male please read

Hi y’all thank you for taking the time out to read this ... I have been living in fear for almost 3 years and I feel like I have to post here now .. My worries Started back 2.5 years ago when I had body wide twitching.. since then I started to notice how sometimes I slur a word or 2.. Since that...
  5. L

I feel helpless

For the last four months, I have experienced a rapid decline in health. It started with severe constipation, in which after every series of gastrointestinal test, nothing was found,except that my parsistalsis had slowed tremendously. From that point I began having problems with my legs, numbness...
  6. C

EMG on untwitching muscles

Hello, I went to a neurologist who suggested I had ALS based on my signs and symptoms. (Constant muscle fasciculations, positive Babinski sign, left side weakness and atrophy -atrophy in left hand and right around and now both calves- slurred speech and cramps where my muscles get stuck. Also...
  7. J

A year of scary symptoms

I’m a 26 year old female Hi all first I wanna appreciate for the time you guys put to read about the symptoms I’m experiencing and giving feedback. it all started a year ago when all of a sudden I couldn’t sleep. This followed by daily shakiness abnormal body movements and body ache. I also...
  8. C

Swallowing issues and muscle tiredness

Hi! I am a 31 year old woman who has been experiencing twitching and muscle tiredness for a while now. It started with some strange symptoms after the birth of my youngest son 4,5 years ago (vertigo, paresthesia, raynauds muscle tiredness and swallowing issues). They found a positive ANA and...
  9. A

constant cough

I have had a constant cough and throat clearing for 7 months now. It all started after I stopped taking Klonopin cold turkey. I had a baby and then started panicking over health related issues. I've had two clean EMGs. One on my legs and one on my arms. At the time I had lots of twitching...
  10. V

Scary symptoms, waiting for neuro appointments

Hi everyone, I am a 30 yr old who has been having some worrying symptoms for the last 5-6 months. I have been to my GP who referred me to a neurologist, and I have an appointment in a couple of months. I post hoping that someone has some input on my symptoms, and to see if they sound familiar to...
Back