rant

1. Clearwater AL

A Memorial rant...

I’ve been sitting on this for a few days deciding if and where. I am a Viet Nam Veteran, serving with 1st Field Forces. My unit was direct direct support for the 5th Special Forces (Green Berets). Where ever they set up a remote operational base, along the Tri Border, we set up with them...
  2. A

reflection and rant

poet1973 posted: I wanted to reply but could not since it was locked. But this sentiment is something I think about. My father in law is the PALS in my life, and I'm a part time CALS but he fortunately has a caretaker aid 12 hours daily. Hes almost 80. I'm 45. But every time I make a...
  3. poet1973

Another rant

This damn disease! I was supposed to go to pt this morning however, haven't had abm in week and now I can't stop!!!!😩🤪 It would be ok if I could go by myself but that ain't happening. My legs and left arm have gotten so weak that I can't get up and down myself. It frustrates me that I can't do...
  4. poet1973

Another rant

This damn disease! I was supposed to go to pt this morning however, haven't had abm in week and now I can't stop!!!!😩🤪 It would be ok if I could go by myself but that ain't happening. My legs and left arm have gotten so weak that I can't get up and down myself. It frustrates me that I can't do...
  5. T

The Lonely Burden of Not Dumping In.

Hello Everyone: This is how I basically handle most crisis in my life: How not to say the wrong thing - latimes The gist is, draw a small circle and write the person at the center of the current crisis in the center ring, then draw another ring and write the names of the people most affected...
  6. KimT

Multiple Medical Issues

I wasn't sure if I would post this at all. After deciding I had no idea where to post it but, for me, it feels like a rant/complaint so here it is. Since my diagnosis I've always believed that I should take good care of my general health, get some good sun each day possible, get some light...
  7. D

Communicate with Dr & Advice

Hello All, First of I would like to say thank you for opening this forum to people like myself that dont know whats going on with us and are scared sh-less. I think its great that your open to helping both people with ALS and those that are not yet diagnosed or that are just suffering from...
  8. T

Atomic Meltdown

I do not have to explain to any of you how much living with a spouse with ALS SUCKS! I am so very tired! I am sick of putting on this brave face! I am pretty fed up with my husband and his demands! I DO NOT want to be responsible for every little detail of our lives. Paying bills, lawn work...
  9. lgelb

Rant or something

"Showing the reality of ALS" in a PSA campaign is a nice idea, but how real is it to portray PALS who have survived 10, 14 and 15 years so far (only ~20% live >5y), respectively, two of whom have trachs, rarely used in the US? Following each vignette with the hyperbolic tagline about having...
  10. N

Bit of a meltdown....kind of embarrassed

I went to my first ALS Assoc CALS meeting and everyone went around the room describing their PALS current situation and when it started, how it started, details, etc., in quite length....and I was unfortunately last on this circle of sharing (first time, hate sharing anything usually in public...
Back