pls

1. M

Shortness of breath (PLS)

Mother diagnosed with PLS, last month the EMG was still normal. This month she is complaining of shortness of breath. No issues eating, speaking, or swallowing. Can shortness of breath come first? My understanding was that this would be much later on. She is being seen at a clinic so I will ask...
  2. M

Twitching with PLS?

My mother is complaining of leg twitching at rest and early in the morning. She has PLS, in her legs and moving into her hands. She has shaky hands, and is dropping things, but really it’s the twitching in her legs that bothers her. She thinks it’s making them weaker, and she is having trouble...
  3. J

Pls shoulders onset

I got blocked for emailing members I won’t due it again. I have muscle wasting in my right shoulder it’s all bone and I have two frozen shoulders I can’t brush my hair put on jackets sweaters tops wash my hair. I read an old thread where frozen shoulder happens in a pls variant. Could this be pls?
  4. C

Back after 5 years - (merge old thread pls)

Hello everybody and sorry for everyone who has to deal with ALS. I greatly appreciate this community and don't want to take away precious time from anyone, but I have some questions which I would like answers to from people who unfortunately have the disease. First of all I was never supposed...
  5. J

Please do not be too quick to say NO to possible ALS diagnosis

About 3-4 years ago I came to this forum and asked the dreaded question "Do I have ALS". I had some fasciculations and cramping in my feet, balance issues, spasticity in both legs and slight speech changes. I was assured by members that my symptoms were NOT symptoms of ALS and I went merrily...
  6. M

Is this Bulbar PLS/ALS?

Hi so to start with I’m male age 26 So a few months ago I got rapid heartbeat tachycardia (I know not often a symptom of MND), They found no cardiac explanation, then started getting muscle twitches which I still get sometimes, again no obvious explanation. I noticed a panting in my throat...
  7. G

Daignosed w. ALS, Then PLS

Curiously two different Dr. looked at same EMG and came to a different conclusion. Any thoughts? (diagnosed with ALS, Dec. 24, 2018, diagnosed w. PLS 1/17/19)
  8. E

On a PLS rating-scale and clinical trials

Here is an interesting video: https://vimeo.com/278845845
  9. K

Sorry to find myself here but glad I found you

Finally, here. I have been a longtime lurker. I have been tempted to ask questions, but ultimately I decided to wait. And I waited for a long time. Having been finally diagnosed, I will let you know how everything began. In the spring of 2016, I started noticing some problems with my left...
  10. lgelb

PLS and UMND ALS

Here is a sticky describing and differentiating these from each other and from more typical ALS.
Back