muscle weakness

1. M

Questions about symptoms

Hi everyone. I am posting here for the second time, my first thread being that I was due for an EMG. The neurologist I went to here in South Africa deemed it unnecessary, although he did zero tests for any muscle weakness and is by no means an expert on ALS. He was extremely dismissive and did...
  2. P

I'm Probably Crazy ("Do I have ALS")

36 y/o male with 1 grandparent diagnosed with ALS (at 73) and died at 75. 2.5 months ago had twitching every ~8 seconds in right arm. After a week it moved throughout body but was primarily in right arm. It went away for 2 weeks, then came back primarily in right arm and left calf (and...
  3. N

Should I see a neuro?

Hi there, I've had daily, widespread muscle twitching for the past 5-6 years. I never thought anything about this and thus never even mentioned it to a doctor. Both of my calf muscles have been twitching more or less constantly for the past year (in addition to random twitches elsewhere in my...
  4. T

Just about ready to give up;

Hey everyone. I've never posted on a forum before such as this one, although I've long been someone that often browses to see what others are going through and that people have to say. But I'm genuinely at my wits end and don't know how to cope any longer, so perhaps just discussing my issue a...
  5. M

Likely Not ALS - that's good news!

2 prior EMGs (Nov & Dec) with neurologist #1 noted chronic denervation, resulting in a "Possible ALS" diagnosis. First EMG (Aug) did not show any issues. Dr #1 was clear that lack of muscle weakness/atrophy after 9 mos of continuous fasciculations and cramping was encouraging. Next EMG in 3...
  6. P

Is this atrophy?

I posted at the beginning of January however my thread was closed which is why I have opened this thread. Since I was explaining my story in depth I already felt that my lengthy explanation was enough for people to have to get through without me attaching photos too. However, I briefly...
  7. T

Muscle atrophy (?)

Hello! Thank you in advance to anyone who gets back to me. I have muscle twitching mostly in my left leg but also all over my body, pretty normal for me but I just wanted to state it. My left leg on my upper thigh has a dent in it and after doing some research the first article that pulled up...
  8. S

Opinions on Symptoms

Hello everyone. First off, I would like to say thank you so much for the continued support you provide to people who are scared about symptoms or newly diagnosed with ALS. A bit of background information about myself: 27 y/o caucasian female who is in the midst of evaluation by a...
  9. S

Could this be ALS?

I started having muscle spasms and what I believed muscle twitches in both my legs about 6 weeks ago along with tingling in feet and numbness. Soon after I felt the twitches in other parts of my body. I also have tingliness in my hands. I can still do my daily activities so no muscle weakness. I...
  10. J

Worried about having ALS! Help appreciated!

Hey, im an 18 years old boy, who has been having for about a month painless muscle fasciculations pretty much all over my body especially on my arms and legs, and i've been worried sick this could be an early symptom of ALS. I've already been to the GP, and he told me it is very unlikely i would...
Back