free

1. E

My mom is free

After 3 and a half long years of battling ALS where all she had left was a little bit of swallowing and breathing, my mom passed away at home with hospice care. We actually came back from the ER with a case of pneumonia earlier in january and she decided it was time to go soon and that in about...
  2. J

For all the anxious twitchers with clean EMG...

Hello! After reading a lot, searching a lot, I realized something that definitely reassured me. I thought it might help other people who are anxious ... (Sorry for my english, it's not my first langage :) ) ALS combines problems of upper and lower motor neurons. Each pathway has its own...
  3. KimT

Things you can have done at home.

I thought a good topic to consider as we all progress is services that can be provided at home. I live in a condo that is accessible. I can still drive so some of these things will be for me in the future and some I already do/have now. Please add to my list. I understand everything isn't...
  4. chally

Chally Erb flies free

Chally’s spirit left his body as he slept in the early morning hours of Wednesday April 3rd. He continued to live his life to the fullest despite ALS wrecking his body bit by bit. This forum and all of you were so important to him. He talked about this community of friends every day. He was...
  5. swalker

Lithium Battery for Magic Mobility X4

I am not sure where to put this, so will put it here. Mods, please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum. As some of you probably read in the PALS checkin post, last Sunday we installed a home-built lithium battery pack in my Magic Mobility X4. I will provide some details in this...
  6. Clearwater AL

The beach bar...

Just something to read… in the “After 5 Forum Pub”. It took me a few days to put this together. My writing skills aren’t what they used to be. After Spring Break and for the rest of the year our beach bar often reminded me of a Chameleon. It was a side gig I got involved with. From opening...
  7. affected

Fly free Tripete

I spoke briefly with Pete earlier this month and he said it was too hard to type. I asked if I could let you all know this, but he did not manage to reply. This morning I received an email from Carey to let me know that Pete has passed away. We all knew Pete deeply through the sharing here...
  8. Nuts

Life

Matt has been gone four months, and it feels like a lifetime. On the other hand, I think I'm just now mourning what we went through. All the losses that I was unable to mourn because we were too busy trying to live--I think they are battling their way out of the box I locked them in at the time...
  9. Lkaibel

Brian Flies Free

I woke at 3:00 AM to give Brian his meds to find that he had passed on. I am happy for him that he is free of the body that had become his prison. It was a relief to be able to call hospice and not even have to have them come out. The University of Minnesota Bequest Program was here by 4:30 AM...
  10. B

Worried About Symptoms

Hello! Thank you for allowing me to post this on this forum. I really appreciate any insight! About a year ago, I was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity, hiatal hernia, and too much stomach acid. I was placed on a medication and a gluten-free diet. After a few weeks, I noticed some twitching...
Back