wheelchair

1. Colleen15

Wheel chair questions

I have bulbar onset. My legs are getting quite non functional, i can barely walk. I stay home and would only go out for a doctor appointment. I am going to get a very standard wheelchair at this time. At some point my arms may not function. Does everyone get a power wheel chair? My husband...
  2. S

Time for a electric wheelchair

Hi all, my walking is getting worse, I can't stand or walk unaided now. I know I need to use my heavy electric wheelchair. Unfortunately I can't/won't use it due to my 2 little dogs whom would get badly hurt if I ran over them. They don't move out of the way. I was wondering if I buy a...
  3. Doing My Best

Adaptive clothing suggestions?

Hi all, I am looking for suggestions for adaptive clothing or ways to modify regular clothing to make getting dressed easier on both CALS and PALS. My PALS, Steve, is nearly completely paralyzed from the neck down, and also has limited range of motion in his arms and shoulders. I got a great tip...
  4. Jhettinger

Wheelchair Headrest Cover Ideas

Looking for a terrycloth cover for headrest . Noticed with warmer temp head was sweating . thinking something like a shower cap, but daily washable
  5. swalker

Check those wheelchair bolts!

When I returned from a ride yesterday and deployed the wheelchair van's lift, I noticed a shiny bolt laying on the van's floor. It was pretty obvious the bolt had come from my wheelchair, but where on the wheelchair was unknown. I checked the wheelchair over pretty carefully and was fortunate...
  6. J

Tilite Areo Z local Socal pick up, for someone in need, offer what you can

Tilite Aero Z. Cushion 18”x 18”. Weighs approx 25lbs. Wheels pop off and back folds down allowing into fit in any car even the passenger seat of a compact car. Not in the picture but in a bag are a different set of quick release brakes, arm rests, anti tip bars and a seat belt. Overall width of...
  7. lgelb

Columbia's new neck brace

Those of you within range might want to ask about the next planned phase of their research.
  8. D

ER for bowel movement?

I can no longer stand and got a hospital bed a week ago. Don’t have the hoyer lift yet. It has been several days since I have had a bowel movement. Have asked for palliative care and should be approved. In power wheelchair 24/7. Suggestions please.
  9. Kristina1

mexiletine side effects please advise

Hi I was hoping others who are on or have tried mexiletine could chime in with their experience. Apologies in advance for the length of this post. Background: I'm in the AMX0035 (amylyx) clinical trial in the open label phase meaning we know for sure I am receiving the real drug. I was told...
  10. D

Palliative Care

Does pallative Care, like hospice, disqualify one from Medicare paying for certain items like a power wheelchair?
Back