pressure sores

1. Nuts

Never thought I'd be here...

FTD was my greatest fear early on. Then I thought we'd escaped it. Now...not so sure. Memory loss...cognitive impairment (slow processing)_ and now full blow hallucinations and bad behavior. I've been told at least once to find someplace else to live. Im not taking the mean remarks...
  2. I

hospital bed, mattress, pressure sores, dynavox, oh my!!!

At our latest clinic visit we were advised that it was time for yet even more equipment than we were prepared to hear. Time for hospital bed, special mattress, dynavox for speech and change in PEG formula. This has left me with little time to research therefore I am asking those who have been...
  3. A

Used c15 tobii for sale with stand, and wheelchair

Hi I have a tobii c 15 for sale. Includes rolling stand and an attachment for use with a wheelchair. Also have a quantum edge Q6 wheelchair... gently used with roho cushion to prevent pressure sores. Was sized for 5' 10 male In huntington beach, California Please email if interested...
  4. A

Pressure sore scare

Advice from those who sit all day in a chair and then sleep in a recliner please! What do you do to avoid pressure sores? I'm interested in other strategies. I hope someone out there has a plan that works.
  5. ShiftKicker

Pressure sores on ear

Hi all- Due to a weak neck and trouble turning over in bed, I have developed a pressure sore on my ear (fancy term: Chondrodermatitis Nodularis Anti-Helicis). While not as worrisome as the skin cancer my doctor originally thought it may be, it's a MAJOR pain in the a**. I don't sleep on my...
  6. T

without a diagnose

Hi, Last August 2015 I experienced things happening in my spine and in March 2014 I was diagnosed with Dermyotomositis. I went into the hospital and had a rash and they treated for DM. Jan 2016 comes around being on sort of drugs but there was no conclusive evidence that I had DM. Normal blood...
  7. S

New CAL Member and Equipment Information

Hi Everyone, Although I have visited this forum from time to time, this is actually my first posting but I hope the information that we want to share will also be of help to other PALS and CALS out there: But first I thought I would start off by giving you some background on our story so you...
  8. R

HHA needing suggestions

Hi, I'm a CNA doing homecare for a lady that has ALS. I've been working with her for just about two months now. I'm not experienced with ALS patients at all and could use some suggestions. I work the night shift with her so her husband can get some sleep at night. He was doing it on his own up...
  9. N

Hospital bed

I just got a hospital bed to keep me more upright. Problem is when it keeps me upright my head tilts down to my neck since I have no neck muscles. It's also like sleeping on an egg carton. The mattress has cells of air separated by space.supposed to keep pressure sores away, but it's intolerable...
  10. N

Help! Pressure sores from bipap masks

yesterday we found a huge pressure sore from the nose bipap mask I was using so we switched to a nasal pillow mak. Guess what 12 hrs later another sore was forming from that mask. I had used both for months without a problem. What do I do now. I can't breathe without them but I can't use them...
Back