power wheelchair

1. D

ER for bowel movement?

I can no longer stand and got a hospital bed a week ago. Don’t have the hoyer lift yet. It has been several days since I have had a bowel movement. Have asked for palliative care and should be approved. In power wheelchair 24/7. Suggestions please.
  2. D

Palliative Care

Does pallative Care, like hospice, disqualify one from Medicare paying for certain items like a power wheelchair?
  3. D

Navigating in a Power Wheelchair

Have had the chair 3 or 4 weeks. Have ramp now. How do I position the chair to go up and down ramps and curbs?
  4. KarenNWendyn

Power wheelchair and restaurants

What do most people do? Most restaurant tables are not tall enough to accommodate my pwc sliding underneath them so that my legs don’t bang into the edge of the table. At home, I have a counter height table, which solves the problem. I’ve used the bar seating at restaurants when it’s just one...
  5. F

lift chair

my power wheelchair has been great in permitting me to stand erect without assistance. however, am thinking of a lift chair for a little more comfort. would appreciate any info regarding source, cost, comfort, practicality, etc., and if it is really worth the trouble while considering the...
  6. G

Power Wheelchair Guide from Team Gleason

http://www.teamgleason.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Team-Gleason_wheelchair_web.pdf
  7. S

Like new Permobil F3 Wheelchair

Permobil F3 power wheelchair with all the bells and whistles including cell phone holder, elevate feature and anything else you can think of. It even has the trilogy holder for the back. Probably only has 1 or 2 miles on it. Asking $2500, hoping someone close to Tulsa, Oklahoma may need it...
  8. KarenNWendyn

Permobil vs Quantum power wheelchairs

I posted recently with questions regarding the Permobil F3 (I’m currently borrowing one from my loaner closet and like it so far). That previous thread is here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/42619-question-you-wheelchair-geeks.html I did receive a gift of a...
  9. H

Help on Trach

Hi , my name is Jennifer and my mom is diagnosed as ALS last year(8/2017). Recently, her pulmonary doctor recommended my mom for the trach due to using 24 hours of trilogy. i am also researching about it but couldnt find the answer or opinion that that my mom has after she gets trach (Note: She...
  10. M

Question about NIPPV machine

My dad has respiratory onset ALS diagnosed in May 2017, he still has full use of his hands and his speech and swallow are only minimally affected but he is really really weak can only walk assisted for 2 or 3 steps so he has a power wheelchair for getting around. At first he would only need...
Back