natural

1. wishmobbing

International Division of Grief

The good memories of my boyfriend are something I cherish, his weaknesses and quirks are something to chuckle about with friends. I'm a happy and pretty much trigger-free widow. Except when one of our PALS here takes leave. That always pulls the rug from under me and I howl like a hound. I...
  2. G

Ventilators and Essential Oils?

My nose is pretty much always stuffy. Whether from allergies or winter, I don't know. I thought of essential oils and got a bottle containing a mix of 5 oils supposedly good for clearing sinuses. But as I'm on a Trilogy 24/7, NIV, how best to use them? I had my wife stuff a bit of paper...
  3. S

Als fear Got me worried sick

Hi I am new to this forum and I have had an interesting 2018. I am a father of 4 girls under 10 and am 36 years old. I will premise this by explaining that I had torn tendons in my right ankle for the first 6 months this year and just in August had surgery to repair them and currently in a moon...
  4. S

This is ALS?

Hello, I’m 28 years woman. I have twiches and a lot of strange feelings from 3 years - all the body + tounge. Sometimes I feel weaknes in my right leg and left arm + I think have problem with disphagy. My 2 neurologist said is not ALS and said the EMG is ok. I had a few EMG, the last EMG was...
  5. E

Alright I gave in

This is long, please bare with me So i have been searching these forums for around 3 months now. I was reluctant to do so because of all the responses people usually get on here like " you dont have ALS" " stop asking Dr Google." And honestly even while reading some of those posts i thought to...
  6. D

Curious and scared of ALS.

For about two weeks I’ve had twitching in my left, right legs and arms. Also have had twitching under my ribs. My right leg has also been tight lattely. It’s natural to be scared, cause I’ve read about ALS just a few days ago, and I’m curious how it can be, or not be ALS. I also have a list of...
  7. KarenNWendyn

Why do so many doctors seem unaware of connection between foot drop. and ALS?

This is a question recently posed by another member in another thread. I thought it would be an excellent question for discussion, so I decided to open a new thread so we could get different perspectives. I am coming at this both as a PALS who presented with foot drop and also as a physician...
  8. Bestfriends14

A question for PALS

Hello, My husband has just ended his clinical trial (he dropped out March 28th) for Pimozide. Apparently, he's not progressed in his right leg or arm since last September but has only slightly in his left leg, which is his drop foot leg. However, I am finding it harder and harder to believe...
  9. Tedstehr

Unnatural attraction to animals - on Netflix

I am not sure if any other PALS have this symptom, but I have become addicted to animal shows on Netflix. I have searched through the drug sheets on Baclofen, Edaravone and Riluzole and it mentions nothing about this debilitating adverse affect. I first noticed it a few weeks ago. I decided to...
  10. B

Could this be ALS?

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post. I've received a lot of relief and understanding by reading the other posts and your replies on this forum. I am a 27-year-old male, and I have been a type 1 diabetic for 25 years. Lately, I've been having some symptoms...
Back