muscle wasting

1. E

Strange symptoms

I want to preface my first post here to say that my concern has led me to investigate about ALS in a way that makes me feel a deep sympathy for everyone affected by ALS (whether in his/her own flesh, or through a family member.) I also want to help those who make this forum possible. I will...
  2. J

Growing more concerned.

I’m sorry to be back but, I feel as if things could be progressing. I’ve noticed what I believe to be muscle wasting of the outer muscles on my right foot. I also have a large “dent” in my calf. My whole leg feels unstable and fatigued. I walk on my instep and I’m afraid this is happening...
  3. T

Muscle atrophy (?)

Hello! Thank you in advance to anyone who gets back to me. I have muscle twitching mostly in my left leg but also all over my body, pretty normal for me but I just wanted to state it. My left leg on my upper thigh has a dent in it and after doing some research the first article that pulled up...
  4. G

Twitching Hotspot and Muscle wasting

Hey Guys first of all i wanna say thank you for this great community and a happy new Year . I´m from Germany so - sorry for my "bad" english. i´m 29 years old engaged and i have a lovely little boy and a wonderful Wife. Active in sports like Karate and some Fitness. 1 Year ago it started...
  5. opusensemble

Dr. says it's likely to be PLS. Will MRI and EMG help?

Hi everyone, This is my second time posting. First time I had not been checked by a neuromuscular illness doctor yet. Meanwhile I got checked and this doctor identified the following symptoms with 1 year progression since onset: ✓ Generalized Hyperreflexia ✓ Generalized stiffness in 4 limbs ✓...
  6. E

New Sympton: Trembling when Yawning

Hello, My father was diagnosed with PLS a few months ago, after 2 years of symptoms. He still has no lower motor neuron involvement, since he has no fasciculations, muscle wasting, or weakness. However, he recently has been experienced a new symptom: when he yawns, his right arm trembles very...
  7. G

After months of lurking, I'm officially here

I've been lurking here for about 6 months, mostly to be able to say, "oh good, that doesn't sound like me!" But, as of September 24th, I became an "official PALS". Not a club I wanted to be part of. My symptoms started with excessive yawning, and the inability to sing. Like I sang a solo on...
  8. T

Afraid and its affecting my family

Hello, I would first like to apologise for making this post. I do not Believe i suffer from anxiety but who knows, the body is a element of tricks, however let me start my post. it started a month ago, when I felt my right leg was wonky and felt weak. It has now passed to my left arm where i...
  9. L

Progression over a year

I have a closed thread about atrophy in my gastrocnemius. Here is my story until now. May of 2017, tore gastroc. At PT they thought it seemed neurologic and their hypothesis was that the tear was secondary to existing atrophy that I had not noticed. My toe taps on the affected leg were...
  10. S

CALS for newly diagnosed

My husband, the love of my life was diagnosed with the slow moving ALS 2 months ago. I have been freaking out and crying and a complete mess. I think I am sort of in control now. He has remained in control the whole time and says that he can’t afford to break down since he does not know how...
Back