meals

1. K

Howdy, and Here's My Story

Hello all, I've been combing the forums for a month or so, mostly because I'm not sure how to manoeuvre around here. I've been learning a LOT from forum, so many helpful people, and especially I've been feeling like I'm getting to know some of you, if not by actual name, then by user name...
  2. R

Spoke with a doctor

I spoke on the phone with a familiar doctor, who didn't seem very concerned after I explained her everything. She didn't even really comment on it other than that she thinks that it's probably nothing and not a condition of any kind. However I've still been feeling super anxious. I read a few...
  3. ErinandJen

Experiences with mullein leaf tincture for lung health?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone here has used mullein leaf tincture (or any other variants of mullein) to manage secretions and general lung health. If you have, what effects did it have for you? My partner Jen is a PALS with a trach and has thick secretions (even when she's sufficiently...
  4. KimT

My Cooking Issues Solved....for now

I'm a very picky eater. I eat 90% organic and rarely eat out. I had a lady coming on Tuesdays to make some crock pot meals and do my bedding/laundry. She hasn't been here in nearly a year because of her own health issues. Recently I tried a meal service called Healthy Chef. You can place an...
  5. F

more signs

A SIGN IN A SHOE REPAIR STORE IN VANCOUVER READs:* We will heel you We will save your sole We will even dye for you. A SIGN ON A BLINDS AND CURTAIN TRUCK: “Blind man driving.” Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:* "Dr. Jones, at your cervix.” In a Podiatrist's office:*** "Time wounds all heels.”...
  6. H

Need some help on weight gain and stomach collapsing when I lie down

Hello everyone. So a bit of background for me. I had some issues swallowing for over a year. I had an EMG in Oct 2017 that indicated diffuse denervation. I thought it was multiple sclerosis at first, then Kennedy disease then oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy due to wishing it wasn't ALS and...
  7. worrieddaughter77

Some updates and decisions

My dad is declining very fast. As new changes happening I would like to ask you for an advice/comments on the following points: Fatigue: My dad is very weak. He almost can't walk or stand up from a chair anymore. Taking him to the Dr or clinic is such a draining task on him. Just getting an...
  8. K

I hope I'm not letting him down

In the Fall of 2015 my dad started noticing some weakness and stiffness in his arms. He became more easily fatigue that normal, began feeling like it was taking more and more effort to breath. Being an active person, he particularly concerned and decided to pay a visit to the family doc. On...
  9. H

26 years old, troubles with swallowing - is it a bulbar onset?

Hello everyone! Three months ago during my mealtime I realized I just couldn't swallow the piece of food I was chewing. I took great pains to try not to concentrate on that process, but in three days the same thing happened with water - as if my throat just forgot how to take a normal sip. When...
  10. A

How to be a true friend?

Hello. Im writing here bc our dear friend is in his 2nd year post bulbar als diagnosis. His condition is deteriorating - does it matter if it is rapid or slow ? Either way is horrific for him and his family. He is physically "able" but has lost his ability to speak and eat. He has a feeding...
Back