credit card

1. Kristina1

rules/laws about someone helping sign documents or make official phone calls

Sorry for the sloppy title. I wanted to know how it works legally when you need someone to help you do something that legally you are supposed to do for yourself. For example it's very hard for me to write legibly, so one of the clinician's was helping me fill out a consent form (she was...
  2. S

$ questions

I hope this is posted in the correct area. My spouse was diagnosed with ALS early September. Does anyone here have experience getting federal student loans forgiven? Any options on getting unsecured debt relieved? Such as credit card debt? If student loan debt does not get discharged; is the...
  3. KatieNBoyd

Things that need to be done

I have just spent over an hour and a half on the phone with the credit card company as well as several companies discussing autopayments on charges on my PALS credit card. Back in March while we were at Mayo in Rochester. My PALS says to me over breakfast (some of you will remember), "Wow the...
  4. gooseberry

things I am learning the hard way

1.In Florida, if all assets arent joint you have to probate a will. (Not for things owned by cals but solely in Pals name) It has to be filed within a few days with the courts. 2.Try to make everything, bills included, joint beforehand. 3.Get the will, power of attorney, advanced directive ...
  5. Nuts

Advertisements

Before I became a "Forum Supporter" by paying the annual subscription (which I am happy to do), I saw LOTs of ads. After inputting that credit card--no more. Guess what's back. Yesterday I saw one, today there are three on the page at one time. Is this happening to anyone else, and are they...
  6. Nuts

Gifts for CALS

For Christmas our oldest daughter gave me a most thoughtful gift-- a two week subscription to a service called Blue Apron. I was able to pick from six recipes and receive three meals a week for two weeks. They send everything I need, including spices, butter, and special oils. There is just...
  7. texastracy

Identity theft

A few weeks ago we received a check from the IRS. It was for 9964.82 dollars. It had my name and another man's name, not my husband. We thought it was a hoax and ripped it half and threw it away. We have filed electronically for many years now and haven't seen a refund check for many years...
  8. Clearwater AL

Elderly grocery shopping

Elderly Lady tells her grocery shopping experience. When I was ready to check out and pay for my groceries the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me." Making a mental note so I could complain to my local member of Congress about this running amok security rubbish, I did just as she had...
  9. ottawa girl

Seat assist

Since having seemingly misplaced my "lift off" arm muscles, the only chair I can easily rise from is my power tilt recliner. That's fine... if I stay home 24/7. I've researched "up lift" and "seat assist" cushion types. In both cases, the reviews are really mixed.:confused: If anyone here...
  10. B

This POA thing...

I know, that like Becca, I'm not the only one struggling with this! What do y'all do? My husband wants to handle all the bills and has changed online passwords in his brilliance and sometimes does not tell me. Then he expects me to know the password. Some things are in his name only. In the...
Back