cough assist

1. Colleen15

Question on cough assist

Hi, I have limited coughing ability. I eat food only through G-tube, but do drink water in mouth. If I choked On water, could I use cough assist machine to get it out? Or would it push the water further into my lungs? Thank you.
  2. G

Cough assist

Does anyone know if the cough assist is a different machine than the breathing machine my brother uses now? I know there is a suction machine that is used with the cough assist . And is there a portable breathing machine or suction for travel? Thank you.
  3. K

Thoughts on When to Get Hospice

My PALS and I have decided to use hospice when the time is right. He uses a Trilogy about 17 hours a day, does not want to be trached or have a PEG. He is able to eat whatever he wants (with the help of water to wash it down), he transfers from scooter to chair/commode but anything he does is...
  4. worrieddaughter77

My dad is still kicking, but recently got the flu.

Hello, Sorry I've been away from the forum for a long time. Two teenagers, one baby, and full time care of my dad (shared with my mom) was tough.. And then... We decided to move from the USA to Finland. It was my husband's idea actually... He dragged us in June 2018 because he thought we could...
  5. K

FVC at diagnosis and progression rate

My mom’s FVC was 50% during her initial respiratory evaluation at the ALS Clinic at Mayo. Because of this, she is not a candidate for any clinical trials. She will be receiving a cough assist and trilogy. Does her diminished pulmonary function indicate ALS progression is aggressive? She is...
  6. I

Drugs and PT for PBP?

I was diagnosed with PBP a year ago this week. I frequently check in and read most of the posts for the day. It just dawned on my husband and I that none of the four neurologists I have seen have mentioned physical therapy or drugs that might delay the progression of this beast. Until about...
  7. NothingButLove

Respironics Cough Assist Facemask w/ Hose, Filter, Adapter

Respironics cough assist large adult facemask with hose, filter and adapter. Part number 325-9217. Brand new, not used. $10 plus shipping. Note: My wife had a very small and skinny face but the large facemask worked better than the small. The wider cushion on the large mask provided an easier...
  8. N

cold or flu with ALS is terrible!

this is the second time this year I've been down and out. The worst part is the breathing is extremely strained. that is nothing new and I have never used bipap or trilogy. I'm getting antibiotics tonight and so far my regimen is Musinex, breathing treatments with the mask and smoke stuff...
  9. P

Mucus Help- Bulbar ALS

Dear all, My mom has been having a very difficult time with mucus accumulating at the back of her throat and not being able to swallow or get it out. She uses a cough assist once a day which she hates. A suction machine helps a little but not as much as we hoped to. For medication, she takes...
  10. L

For Sale: Tobii I-12, ResMed AirCurve, Hill-Rom Cough Assist

I’m selling my dad’s equipment at a good price and will donate the money to our local hospice center. Buy it all or separately. 1. Tobii Dynavox with eye tracking and Windows 10. Comes with Connect It floor mount AND wheelchair mount. Mounts never used; Tobii only used during initial demo...
Back