whine

1. M

Hope. (Goodbye)

Hi all, My name is Mallic and I don't have ALS. After experiencing every ALS 'symptom' in the book I am happy to finally say that. In 2014 I started experiencing fasciculations which eventually spread over my entire body and I signed up for this website under a different alias. In 2015 I felt...
  2. M

A Necessary Thank You

I'm a nearly 40 year old man father of two angels. I've been visiting this site for 3 weeks. I was diagnosed with a condition that caused atrophy in my upper right region, so far, plus pain and fascs basically everywhere in August of this year. I'm still being tested because my issues seem to...
  3. S

Scared! left leg wont stop twitching, please help

Okay firstly I am sorry to whine in here, especially when alot of you are fighting immense battles and im sure it can be easy to lose patience with someone like me. I, like many posting in this section have spent hours trailing the net only to be lead to this site because of my symptoms. I...
  4. D

Need to wihine and be thankful at the same time

My PALS, DX'd a year ago is now unable to use hands, or arms and is in a powerchair nearly full-time. So I do his meds, shower, dress, toilet (thank you bidet!) and feed him. His sister, a most loving generous woman is staying nearby in her RV to provide help but I still have difficulty with...
  5. B

Shopping sucks

I went Christmas tree shopping to by myself and had a terrible experience. My voice is so bad and quiet, that I couldn't even speak successfully when the sales people approached me. Maybe I should get ALS tattooed on my forehead or something. It is getting real hard to go out in public now...
  6. Clearwater AL

Can't help it...

I can't help it... I don't post in the DIHALS Forum anymore but I had to put it someplace. :-) A member posted this reply (in part) to a DIHALS’er… “And if I sound snarky, my docs gave me a little more time due to slow progression and I feel like a million bucks. You are told you don't have a...
  7. S

How to keep going...

OK My turn to simply whine. I'm so tired of being tired. I'm worthless. I went to bed after a totally useless day determined to wake up and change my ways. I succeeded in walking the high school track but that knocked me out. I need to "shower" and get ready to go to the movies but I'm...
  8. B

Dreading upcoming ALS clinic visit

OK...I AM GUNNA WINE A LITTLE.....I have my second clinic visit in two weeks, and it is stressing me out bigtime! I don't know if it is a case of "what you don't know won't hurt you" or just kinda feeling humiliated at this point! Just kind of fishing for your attitudes about the ALS clinics...
  9. Rainbow5

Testing underway; kinda angry; purposeful resilience

Hi all, Thank you for reading this - it means a great deal to know that folks are out there willing to provide support. This is not my first time in life with health issues. I have successfully experienced, with purposeful resiliance -epilepsy (since 12, well controlled) a fall down the...
  10. T

Today is a Special Day: My 1000th Post and My Anniversary

Well folks, I made it. Today 1 year ago I died. I guess the Good Lord wasn't finished with me yet and brought me back. So I thought it was fitting to post my 1000th post today. I do hope you weren't waiting for something spectacular, because you will be extremely disappointed. I just wanted to...
Back