turkey

1. M

concern over recent symptoms

Hi all, First of all, thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time to reply to my post. I am a 32-year-old caucasian man currently living in Los Angeles. My symptoms started about 8 months ago with some intermittent muscle twitching that I noticed on and off in my neck, biceps, legs, all over...
  2. M

Concern over recent symptoms

Hi all, First of all, thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time to reply to my post. I am a 32-year-old caucasian man currently living in Los Angeles. My symptoms started about 8 months ago with some intermittent muscle twitching that I noticed on and off in my neck, biceps, legs, all...
  3. KarenNWendyn

Altered sense of smell/ taste

Has anybody here experienced an altered sense of taste or smell related to ALS? We’ve previously discussed phantosmia (phantom scents) in ALS on this forum, but I’m noticing that some previously appetizing smells are now offensive. For example, the smell of turkey cooking (especially turkey...
  4. E

Vitamin deficiency? Thyroid? or possible bulbar als?

Hello , first of all i wish everyone immediate health. My name is Özgür and im from Turkey. I came here to get some answers and to be honest im a little bit concerned. İ dont want to annoy anyone but this country doesn't have so much knowledge about this disease (apparently me neither but still...
  5. A

constant cough

I have had a constant cough and throat clearing for 7 months now. It all started after I stopped taking Klonopin cold turkey. I had a baby and then started panicking over health related issues. I've had two clean EMGs. One on my legs and one on my arms. At the time I had lots of twitching...
  6. Nuts

Silent Aspiration

We are four years in---why had I not heard of silent aspiration before today? Between November and January, hubby went through three rounds of pneumonia and one case of flue. It's been tough, but he's doing better. He was explaining to the Speech Therapist that he went through weeks of...
  7. KimT

Door Camera

I buy LOTS of things through Amazon, Vital Choice (Seafood) and Organic Prairie (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, etc.) Fred does, too. He orders most of his clothes online. Between UPS/FEDEX deliveries AND people coming over, the doorbell is ringing several times a day. Sometimes someone is...
  8. N

Advice Needed - Catheters

Hi All, As most of you know we have been at this for a very long time. You may have been told that ALS will not affect your bladder/bowels. That may be the case if your PALS goes quickly, but if you choose to vent and they stick around longer than the suggested time frame, you may end up...
  9. SyncOrSwym

Gas Bag Question

I'm not a "Potty Animal" any more since I started taking Miralax every day, but I've morphed into the "Gas Bag". My stomach area seems to be in a constant uproar! I get awakened in the middle of the night with a BUB-BUB-Bub-Bub-bub-bubble sound (and feeling!) chasing itself from one side of my...
  10. A

Newly Precisely Diagnosed

Hello from Turkey, My mother diagnosed last week as ALS patient. In July 2015 first diagnose was MND (motor neuron disease). Since that moment, she has taken Rilutek. At beginning of this April, a blood test was done (westernblot). And the neurologist said she has 99% ALS. She has a weakness...
Back