surgery

1. S

.Can ALS patients have surgery

I recently went for a thyroid scan . My thyroid is full of nodules and suspicious for cancer. It's very large , causing breathing problems lying down. Can als patients handle surgery especially major surgery 😫.
  2. KimT

Eye Correction

How many PALS here have had corrective surgery for eyes since being diagnosed? I had to cancel my consultation last week because my dental appointment ran on too long. I had lasik in 2001 but it regressed and now I wear progressive lenses again. I'm hoping to get either lasik enhancement or...
  3. B

My symptoms, Any help is appreciated.

hello. My name is Brianna and I'm 26 years old. I have read the stickies and out of all the symptoms I've been experiencing the main one that concerns me is atrophy. I'll try to give a brief timeline of my symptoms and any feed back is greatly appreciated. I promise not to drag anything on if me...
  4. T

Symptom Questions from 35/m

Hello, I hope you are well or as well as possible. Thank you for checking this thread and thank you for making this section of the forum. It must be very difficult for some members. Your patience for those of us with questions is greatly appreciated. I've refrained from ALS symptom-checking on...
  5. N

Worried? Should I go back to neuro?

Hey all, my background is that I am a 57 year old man with no history of neurological disease in my family other than my mother has Alzheimer's. For the last year or two, I've been experiencing weakness in my upper back. I've always been healthy and fit and when I go to the gym these days I...
  6. D

Does this sound like ALS? Is this a helpful EMG?

Hi! First of all I'd like to thank you all for accepting me, and also I'd like to acknowledge all of you as true warriors. Helping others while you're getting through all the stuff you have to live, is truly remarkable. May God bless all of you. I hope you could help me out. I'm a 25 y.o. male...
  7. KimT

Something Positive

After looking back on some of the posts I've started, I thought it would be nice to share something positive. I made my doctor a promise that I would start to do things for myself that I enjoy while I still can. Today I got a long, luxurious pedicure and manicure. They lasted over three...
  8. D

My dad's progessive weakness - concerning?

Hi all, I'm a 25 year old male from Detroit and my dad is 53 years old. This post is about my dad. Background info: my dad has plenty of other health problems that make weightlifting harder for him, including arthritis in his knees, a bone spur in his back which causes a lot of pain and some...
  9. A

My story

Hi all. Here's my story. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance. I am 55 female. Started having finger, hand, and toe cramping at least 17 years ago. I also had body wide twitching. Was worried cuz I was due to have a kidney transplant surgery with general anesthesia and was...
  10. M

Thoughts?

My name is Amanda and I am 38. I have had some issues going on and would like your feedback. 1st, I noticed weakness a couple years ago. I went to get milk out of the fridge and noticed a weakness in 1 arm. I had also noticed twitching and started having panic attacks shortly after, which I...
Back