hiv

1. Doglady

HERV-K suppression study

Wondering what others may think of the idea of Human Retro Viruses being thought to be a cause of ALS and use of HIV drugs to treat PALS? Info on the study: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Clinical-Trials/HERV-K-Suppression-Using-Antiretroviral-Therapy-Volunteers-Amyotrophic The clinical...
  2. L

Didn't think I would be back

My first neurologist diagnosed me with HIV Associated Vacuolar Myelopathy and didn't think I had ALS (less than a year ago). The second neurologist concurred and all the extensive testing was normal. My I.D. doctor thought I had ALS and just recently I went to a neurosurgeon to find out what...
  3. J

Weird symptoms and waiting for more tests what do you think?

Hi people :) I'm new here and first of all I want to apologize in advance for my bad english but I wanted to share my story with you guys and ask for advice... I'm a 27 years old man in relatively good shape (or used to) but in the beginning of May I had a sudden fatigue and a fever with night...
  4. M

Needing opinions.

Hello. First off, I appreciate those of you who take the time to answer questions. I am a 33-year-old male that suffers from anxiety caused by my hypochondria. Over the years, I’ve had herpes (negative), Cancer (negative) and HIV (negative). Most recently, I dealt with ALS. For almost two...
  5. L

I was misdiagnosed - I don't have ALS

Neurology is a very fine field of diagnosis. My respects to the those in the field. My actual diagnosis is HIV Associated Vacuolar Myelopathy. It runs nearly the same course of ALS, but is a bit faster. It's been over three decades of being HIV positive. I held fast and hard in keeping my...
  6. A

HERV-K and TDP-43 Expression Bridges ALS and HIV Neuropathology

Have recently read two interesting research papers on Human Endogenous Retrovirus-K and TDP-43 and it's connection with HIV Neuropathology. It looks like drugs for different kinds of HIV Neuropathology are approved by FDA and can be used for ALS. Please, correct me if i'm wrong. Would appreciate...
  7. M

Scared to death. HELP!!

First of all I will state I am extreme hypochondriac. Ever since my uncle passed of bone cancer 10 years ago. About 9 months ago I noticed one of my legs had a strange feeling like a tightness so I wore tommy copper sleeve and it kinda helped for a month and then the other side became...
  8. S

Is this ALS?

Hello, In December of 2016, I got engaged to the love of my life. Just prior to that (around August or September of 2016), he reported that he had a "funny feeling" in his left ring finger, then slowly started having difficulty moving it. In December, he had a nerve conduction study done, and...
  9. F

Many weird symptoms

Hi everybody and thank you for the time and effort you spend in answering our anxious questions. First of all I need to say that I have never been hypocondriac and never really worried about health in general as I have always been healthy. It all started in august when I had a few nightsweats...
  10. R

Voice bank

I just joined this site today, and am so very thankful! My Nephew is newly Dx'd ALS, and I am trying to educate myself and my family. I am an HIV/AIDS nurse....but this is a whole new journey. My Nephew has garbled and nasally speech....is he a candidate for Voice Bank, or should he explore...
Back