friend

1. KimT

Things you can have done at home.

I thought a good topic to consider as we all progress is services that can be provided at home. I live in a condo that is accessible. I can still drive so some of these things will be for me in the future and some I already do/have now. Please add to my list. I understand everything isn't...
  2. A

Just a little concerned

Hi there everyone, I'm a little bit nervous to post this, naturally, and do want to say I hope I'm not upsetting anyone in doing so. The people on here seem absolutely amazing and I'd be appreciative of anyone to give me their personal opinion on this. Thank you so much in advance. Most...
  3. swalker

Lithium Battery for Magic Mobility X4

I am not sure where to put this, so will put it here. Mods, please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum. As some of you probably read in the PALS checkin post, last Sunday we installed a home-built lithium battery pack in my Magic Mobility X4. I will provide some details in this...
  4. Lkaibel

The Next Part of the Journey

So, here I am exactly one week out from my husband's death. It was really only after he actually passed that I have started to realize the absolute hellfire we went through together. There was beauty, love, and moments of joy for sure. I am very sure I never felt closer to or loved another...
  5. B

Worried About Symptoms

Hello! Thank you for allowing me to post this on this forum. I really appreciate any insight! About a year ago, I was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity, hiatal hernia, and too much stomach acid. I was placed on a medication and a gluten-free diet. After a few weeks, I noticed some twitching...
  6. T

"Important information" template?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a document/binder to share where all the important information one should know about one's pALS is in one place (contact info for doctors, nurses, etc.; medication list; etc.) I know we should probably have compiled such a thing already given that my...
  7. KarenNWendyn

The empty seat

A young man was very excited because he just won a ticket to the Super Bowl. His excitement lessened as he realized his seat was in the back of the stadium. As he searched the rows ahead of him for a better seat, he found an empty one right next to the field. He approached the man sitting next...
  8. B

Concerned!!!

Good Morning Prayers and blessings to everyone affiliated with the website and forum and their families. I am a 47 year male that was in great shape. I am 6ft 2in with weight fluctuated between 198 to 200 lbs. I worked out in some capacity everyday. My only previous health issues were acid...
  9. S

Very Concerned about Bulbar

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this and giving me your thoughts and insight. Please know that it is truly appreciated. I have read the stickies, but still have some questions. I am a 40 year old male. I began with a twitch in my left bicep in early December 2018, but the...
  10. KarenNWendyn

Alexa for the technologically challenged

I am not a techy person, but I do enjoy using my iPad. My hand function is declining. My speech is slightly slurred and nasally, but still understandable. A friend of mine gave me an Amazon “Fire HD 8 with Alexa”, 16gb, for Christmas. I’m embarrassed to say it’s still sitting on my shelf...
Back