family history

1. J

Multiple symptoms for months

Well for starters I found this website in a state of my panic and have read others threads about similar symptoms in a search for reassurance. I have been very apprehensive about posting here because I know a lot of people are probably just overexcited or scared and have convinced themselves...
  2. M

Rushed ALS Diagnosis ??

First off, my heart goes out to all of you. You are so incredibly brave and generous with sharing your time, experience and support. My husband walked into a neurologist's office with symmetrical muscle weakness and walked out with a diagnosis of ALS. Some background - My husband is 51 and...
  3. A

Hoping for a little reassurance

Good evening, everyone, First off, I have been constantly amazed at the grace and promptness with which questions from anxious people here are answered, and in my time lurking over the last couple months these replies and stickied threads have been a huge resource. So thank you! I'm just...
  4. D

My symptoms

Hello I have read all the things I should before posting so please just hear me out as I have done a lot of research. First of all let me just say I am proud of everyone in here who has dealt with this horrible disease, now I know twitching isn’t a sign of als but can come along with it. My main...
  5. L

Your avarage DIHALS?

Dear forum users, I've read over several threads and you are so patient and kind to everyone that visits, I take my hat off to you. I tried my best not to post here, telling myself I am silly for thinking and regret the day I thought it would be a neat idea to Google my symptoms (this should be...
  6. T

Familial ALS continued

Hello- For the backstory on this thread, please see the original Familial ALS posting. Perhaps a moderator can combine these two? We have received the gentetic testing results from my husbands brother, who had ALS-like neuromuscular degeneration combined with a family tree with many ALS and...
  7. K

Waiting on Neuro, scared.

Hi, Thank you in advance for your time. I've read many of the posts here and I am in a similar situation. My grandmother died at age 76 from ALS, and it has given me a lot of anxiety over the past 10 years related to it. I also had a more distant relative (a cousin of my father) who I believe...
  8. T

What do these symptoms sound like?

Hello all, I am sorry to bother you with this, and I promise I did read the sticky. However, I am frightened as hell, and could use some guidance. I am a 29-year-old Caucasian male with no family history of neurological diseases. At some point in December 2018, I started to notice...
  9. D

Worried

Hey everyone, thanks for reading. I am a 24 year old girl, no family history of ALS. I KNOW that I have health anxiety but I can’t seem to shake the idea that what I’m experiencing might be ALS. So two weeks ago I was home and my finger was twitching. Naturally I panicked and googled and ALS...
  10. C

A Complicated Case

Good afternoon. My name is John Marburger. I am 42, a retired Naval Officer and cancer survivor with some oddities at that go along with it. Apologies in advance for the length of this post and MANY thanks in advance for those of you reading or responding to it, especially those fighting this...
Back