clean emg

1. S

Proof that widespread twitching is related to ALS

I recently came across this article and I'm freaking out now: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11464925 Everything I've read on here says that widespread twitching is not indicative of ALS, but this article states otherwise. The worst part is that I had an emg last year that the neuro...
  2. J

For all the anxious twitchers with clean EMG...

Hello! After reading a lot, searching a lot, I realized something that definitely reassured me. I thought it might help other people who are anxious ... (Sorry for my english, it's not my first langage :) ) ALS combines problems of upper and lower motor neurons. Each pathway has its own...
  3. S

Feeling defeated

Last thread Finally got into the neuro yesterday. After some tests he came back in and asked me and my gf to sit down. He explained to me that from the Emg he couldn’t deny the possibility of als. I almost lost it right there. I ha e only been ha i g symptoms for six months and he said given...
  4. P

My Experience with Twitching

Mid 30's male, grandmother diagnosed at 73. Began twitching in arm in early December, went away for a few weeks, came back in late December in left calf and r. arm, and felt like it was spreading each week: right calf, thighs, neck etc.. I twitch somewhere in my body every few seconds, for...
  5. M

Young male bulbar symptoms

I posted two years ago but was unable to post on that thread but it had been closed. During the time between then and now for the most part I was able to move on from my fears of ALS. However that has changed recently as I have developed a mild slur, not noticed by normal folks but was...
  6. M

Neurologist follow up

Going in on Friday for a follow up with my neurologist because I have finished physical therapy with no improvement. I was previously diagnosed with cramp fasiculation syndrome but it doesn’t appear to be the case because I have weakness and atrophy noted by my physical therapist... which at the...
  7. C

6 months in, new symptoms

I posted to this forum a few months ago after my symptoms started. At that time I had neck stiffness and pain, body wide twitching but constant in my lower legs and some swallowing problems. Symptoms have come and gone over the past 3 months. My neck pain and stiffness dissipated. My...
  8. G

Question about EMG

I would like to ask one thing about EMG. I had my EMG (clean) but still I have some concerns, since i've been reading scientific studies on the Internet which made me a little worried. (Symptoms lasting from september) I don't understand how a little group of muscles can be in fact useful for...
  9. B

Very scared abt Bulbar Onset, plz help

I would like to thank all of you in advance for reading my concerns. I am 39 yeasr old male. It all started in july last year. Initially i was suffering from burning pain in my arms and legs. I went to a dibatologists. But my sugar level came normal. Then I went to a neurologist. He adviced some...
  10. L

Please Help. Hopeless

I have had constant twtiching in both calves for going on 3 months. i also have twitching randomly all over my body including my tongue. all the muscles twitch at rest and when i get up to walk or move around my calves stop twitching. i get radnom ones in arms, hands, tongue ( at rest ), butt...
Back