camp

1. P

support for children and grandchildren of PALS

I was personally very grateful to see a camp offerred to the minor children and grandchildren of PALS. As a CALS I was overwhelmed with gratitude when I saw the notice. Just wonderful, I thought, I wept and sent the notice on to my daughters in law who might want to participate with our...
  2. Kristina1

is anyone else impressed by...

A funny spin on perceiving my disease-- Is anyone else impressed by how much they still *can* do when you look at your muscle atrophy? I look at my hands and they look so shocking to me from atrophy, as if they belong on someone whose been living in a concentration camp. Yet here is am...
  3. L

Weight Question

I researched other entries re: weight but guess not finding what I am wondering about. My husband is in his 3 1/2 year plus, and now is basically a concentration camp looking individual. I only put it that way as he says that to me that he is. He is skinny, skinny, skinny. Speech slurs, cramped...
  4. Atsugi

Hand pictures atrophy and videos of hands or tongues

Many people asking "Do I have ALS" have posted videos and photos of their hands and their tongues to ask us if we agree there is atrophy. Because of this, I look at my hands and feet and arms and legs a lot. And over the years, they have changed significantly, even remarkably. Sometimes my...
  5. L

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Hi all, Haven't posted in a while, just living life. My husband continues on his slower to average progression. He is extremely thin, but walks, talks and drives (all barely). No major assistance mechaisms have been entertained or put into play or desired at this time. He is a "don't want...
  6. J

Free Camp HLC for Children of PALS

Hope Loves Company, a non-profit with the mission of providing educational and emotional support to children and young adults who had or have a loved one battling ALS, and its sponsors, has two upcoming camps for ALS families in Florida and California! Please go to Hope Loves Company to learn...
  7. ShiftKicker

Shingles causing faster progression?

Hello- In February of last year, I experienced a very quick progression from a weak leg to a very spastic leg during the same time I was suffering from a cold sore/shingles break out along my trigimenic nerve route. The neuro I was seeing at the time (general neurologist) thought it was...
  8. M

Muscle Fatigue, Twitching and Cramping Following Stomach Illness

A bit of background as you’ll probably wonder why I’m posting in an ALS forum: 31 year old male. Prior to all this I was an extremely fit, high-level competitive cyclist with few health concerns. At the end of Nov. 2015 I began to have severe gastrointestinal issue (severe cramping, LOUD...
  9. swalker

Trip Report: Yellowstone, Fall 2015

It has taken a very long time to get through the pictures we took during our September trip to Yellowstone. I have finally done so and am now ready to write a bit of a trip report. My hope is that some of those reading this will be inspired to do something like this, whether it is Yellowstone...
  10. swalker

We are home from some pretty crazy adventures

I have not posted very much for the last few weeks. Here is why. At the beginning of the summer, we planned two fall trips. The first was 2 weeks in Yellowstone and the second was for a week at the Grand Canyon. We were planning to stay in a hotel at Yellowstone and tent camp at the Grand...
Back