burning

1. L

On the verge of a breakdown ..all symptoms of Als

A year ago I started feeling numbness and tingling in my leg and burning sensation in my head I did a brain MRI which showed corticospinal tract hyperintensities which are biomarkers of Als. Neurologists said no Als and related my symptoms to anxiety but symptoms exacerbated a lot.later I began...
  2. S

Proof that widespread twitching is related to ALS

I recently came across this article and I'm freaking out now: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11464925 Everything I've read on here says that widespread twitching is not indicative of ALS, but this article states otherwise. The worst part is that I had an emg last year that the neuro...
  3. K

ALS symptoms?

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while but have been hesitant to post because I don’t want to upset anyone by jumping the gun. I’ll try and make this short but I just need some insight into what I’m experiencing. It started with twitching that I noticed going on two months ago. The twitches...
  4. V

Husband is a possible carrier of c9 gene - anxiety over symptoms.

Hi Everyone, My husband is 35 years old and has lost a cousin, an aunt, 2 uncles, (all to ALS) and currently watches his mom battle the final stages of ALS. His family carries the c9 gene. Upon visiting with his mom over Christmas (they live out of state) and spending a week surrounded by ALS...
  5. G

Six Months - Many Symptoms - No Answers

Hello, Like many others I have been visiting this message board after experiencing symptoms that led me to the internet - that led me here. I have read many posts and many stories on this site and have much respect for this wonderful forum. I will try not to make this a long and hard to read...
  6. C

Questions about Symptoms/EMG

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and I would appreciate any advice or knowledge you can pass on. I have read the "before you post sticky". So this all started the the 1st week in Dec, I woke up 1 morning and had a persistent twitch in my left thigh. It prob went on 4-5 days...
  7. C

Question About Symptoms/Emg

This is my 1st post on this site and I want to say I really admire how nice and helpful everyone who responds on this site is. The fact that you take the time out of your days to help people who have questions is really remarkable. I've been looking at posts on this site for a few months and...
  8. N

NEEd help i am new , hi to all brave people !

Im 41 female had strange spasm in october in my buttock area , 3 month was limping had ache burning in coccyx area my left side face is weird as well tingling twitching pressing pulling episodes now my fave is slightly thinner than right had weakness right hand now its in left hand , had nights...
  9. B

My symptoms, Any help is appreciated.

hello. My name is Brianna and I'm 26 years old. I have read the stickies and out of all the symptoms I've been experiencing the main one that concerns me is atrophy. I'll try to give a brief timeline of my symptoms and any feed back is greatly appreciated. I promise not to drag anything on if me...
  10. J

Can't control my fear.

Hi everyone. I know this isn't an anxiety or fear forum. But I have some concerns that I am really worried about and confused about due to Google. First off, I'm so sorry for anyone going through this disease- I don't want anyone to be wasting their time reading this because I'm not worth it...
Back