breathing problems

1. R

Breathing Problem

My wife sometimes at night or day depends on the position of complaining about breathing problems, always helps open the window, today I arranged for a oxygen concentrator. We don't know anout any result becouse she has stared use from 30min. Are there any other methods to improve breathing? I...
  2. S

Could this be ALS please help

Hi everyone, I’m here looking for some advice I’m hoping you can help me please. Here’s my story:- July 2016 - I had my baby boy by c-section, when they did my spinal I had a pain shoot down my right leg. Once he was here I had bad cramping and spasms in that leg this was continuous until about...
  3. C

Limp onset with possible breathing problem?

Limb onset with possible breathing problem? my Dad had a hard night last night. He explained it to me as he woke up with twitching in his rib cage and back and shortly after had shortness of breathe. He says he feels today like it’s hard to take a full deep breathe. A side note is that...
  4. N

Update about me

Since my previous thread was closed i want to post a few new things that have been happening to me. I have started having breathing problems especially at night when i wake up to go to mum who yells. Its like iam out of breath cant get enough air in my lungs. Also i get breathless when i talk...
  5. J

Worried about Bulbar Onset symptoms

Hello Everybody, I came across this forum in a google search after i was trying to find some information regarding my symptoms. Basically i have had many issues for past few years such as muscle aches, twitching, fatigue, on and off swallowing issues, pain, numbness, feeling certain parts of...
  6. Clearwater AL

Just something interesting about weight loss...

An article on CNN Health by Ruben Meerman and Andrew Brown. (Ruben Meerman is an assistant scientist at the University of New South Wales and author of "Big Fat Myths: When You Lose Weight, Where Does the Fat Go?" Andrew Brown is a professor and head of the School of Biotechnology and...
  7. G

diagnosed - atypical onset

So wasn't sure wether to post back here on this forum but decided I would in the end. I was diagnosed with ALS about 2 months ago after two years of hell battling doctors, being sent through psychiatric system, multiple EMGs etc. I have pretty much known for the last 16 months that I had ALS...
  8. S

My latest Emg and apologies in advance.

Hi. I realise I have posted a lot and asked a lot of questions so apologies. You have been so kind to answer. It is sincerely appreciated and I haven't been back for six months because I wanted to resist bothering you. I am however still in diagnostic limbo after 2 and a half years. I stated...
  9. N

would the peg help with saliva/mucus problems?

Hi All, My bulbar onset dad who refuses a peg has more and more problems with not being able to cough out whatever bothers him in his throat, or deeper than throat, and also with saliva or mucus - I am not sure he knows which one is the bigger problem; he seems to think it's saliva, and its...
  10. L

Diagnosis changed and now uncertain again

Dear PALS, I've been reading so many threads and posts since June 2017 and today I decided to post for the first time. First of all, thank you for all those informative posts and everyone that takes there time to answer. I will try to keep the post short, but it it's very complicated so please...
Back