symptom

1. Nikki J

Urinary symptom study

Still enrolling. Posting because I got an email about it from mgh and thought there may be new people who didn’t see it before. Fully remote https://www.alsforums.com/community/threads/easy-remote-study-for-pals-on-urinary-symptoms.50722/
  2. A

Hoping for a little reassurance

Good evening, everyone, First off, I have been constantly amazed at the grace and promptness with which questions from anxious people here are answered, and in my time lurking over the last couple months these replies and stickied threads have been a huge resource. So thank you! I'm just...
  3. D

calf weakness, twitching and hand symptoms

Hi everyone. I've been having a lot of muscle twitches mostly in my calf areas and thighs but all over as well. Also my left calf feels weaker than my right even though I can still walk around on my tip toes and heels on both feet. Another thing I noticed is that it is difficult to straighten...
  4. C

Please Help with symptoms

Hey everyone, I’ve been doing lots of research and not getting good information from my doctors - and it’s gotten to a point where I’m getting extremely anxious/scared and just need help and opinions from others. So I suffer from muscle atrophy and weakness in my left side (notably my left...
  5. G

My symptoms

Hello everyone, my name is Greg. My heart goes out to everyone who has been afflicted with this disease and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Also, I want to thank everyone for giving g your time and efforts on posts such as ‘Do I Have Als’ your time and effort is greatly...
  6. N

Could this be ALS?

Good evening. After reading the stickies, I am still left with some questions. Here’s where I am at— 1. I have had body-wide twitching for about 6 weeks. It seems to be mostly in my legs now, with some in my face , back, and arms (not often). The twitching occurs on both sides. Some days...
  7. E

Strange symptoms

I want to preface my first post here to say that my concern has led me to investigate about ALS in a way that makes me feel a deep sympathy for everyone affected by ALS (whether in his/her own flesh, or through a family member.) I also want to help those who make this forum possible. I will...
  8. A

25 year old with odd symptoms

Hi, So about a week ago I suddenly had right arm and leg weakness. That went away and then it became left arm and leg weakness. Then it moved down to my calf and piriformis muscle. There are also sometimes tightness and twitching involved. I know these symptoms came on suddenly but of course I...
  9. W

Does this sound like ALS?

I apologize if I accidentally posted this twice. I tried posting earlier but I’m afraid I did something wrong and lost the post because I can’t find it. I’ll try to re-type my sentiments from my earlier post... I went to visit my PCP regarding muscle twitching. I have had twitching for about...
  10. K

Club membership at hand

Well, damn. My local neurologist, after two months of elimination tests, has now indicated likely NMD, with ALS being the most likely candidate. He basically kicked the can down the road and referred me to Dr. Pulley at Jacksonville Shands. We see him in late April for a second EMG and opinion...
Back