power

1. Tomswife

The Power of Music, offered by CCALS

presented by music therapist Alisa Apreleva, PhD, MT-BC, NMT Sunday, November 12, 2023 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET Music making is natural, familiar and good for us, humans. Music stirs our emotions, brings out memories and gently guides us spiritually. It helps us to stay connected to each other. It...
  2. KimT

Power Outage Preparation

Some of don't live in single family homes so we must find alternatives for backup batteries and keeping DME charged. I live in an area that gets hit with hurricanes. We do have power outages and some last several days. I'm wondering what everyone does in case of a power outage. Both of my...
  3. KimT

Happy Easter

Yesterday, Good Friday, I was supposed to go to a 3 pm service. We had an issue in my wing of the condo and lost power from 8am to 4pm. I had to transfer all my groceries to the social room refrigerator and about 2pm we got hit with a very bad storm. I missed the service. There was another...
  4. J

Please do not be too quick to say NO to possible ALS diagnosis

About 3-4 years ago I came to this forum and asked the dreaded question "Do I have ALS". I had some fasciculations and cramping in my feet, balance issues, spasticity in both legs and slight speech changes. I was assured by members that my symptoms were NOT symptoms of ALS and I went merrily...
  5. D

ER for bowel movement?

I can no longer stand and got a hospital bed a week ago. Don’t have the hoyer lift yet. It has been several days since I have had a bowel movement. Have asked for palliative care and should be approved. In power wheelchair 24/7. Suggestions please.
  6. D

Palliative Care

Does pallative Care, like hospice, disqualify one from Medicare paying for certain items like a power wheelchair?
  7. D

Navigating in a Power Wheelchair

Have had the chair 3 or 4 weeks. Have ramp now. How do I position the chair to go up and down ramps and curbs?
  8. P

My Experience with Twitching

Mid 30's male, grandmother diagnosed at 73. Began twitching in arm in early December, went away for a few weeks, came back in late December in left calf and r. arm, and felt like it was spreading each week: right calf, thighs, neck etc.. I twitch somewhere in my body every few seconds, for...
  9. KarenNWendyn

Power wheelchair and restaurants

What do most people do? Most restaurant tables are not tall enough to accommodate my pwc sliding underneath them so that my legs don’t bang into the edge of the table. At home, I have a counter height table, which solves the problem. I’ve used the bar seating at restaurants when it’s just one...
  10. M

Living will

I went to my attorney to have my living will redone. I have a power of attorney. I have made the decision that at the time of my choosing I may decide to evoke vsed.... I want everything spelled out so my healthcare surrogate/ power of attorney doesn't have to do any thinking. Only follow my...
Back