music

1. Tomswife

The Power of Music, offered by CCALS

presented by music therapist Alisa Apreleva, PhD, MT-BC, NMT Sunday, November 12, 2023 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET Music making is natural, familiar and good for us, humans. Music stirs our emotions, brings out memories and gently guides us spiritually. It helps us to stay connected to each other. It...
  2. Ande

Frightened that I have ALS

I know I'm 17 years old and it's very rare for me to have ALS on this age, but I still hope you hear me out on this. This all started with muscle twitching about 4 weeks ago. I felt it in my legs and in my back which was really weird feeling. I also noticed that when I was standing still my...
  3. Lkaibel

The Next Part of the Journey

So, here I am exactly one week out from my husband's death. It was really only after he actually passed that I have started to realize the absolute hellfire we went through together. There was beauty, love, and moments of joy for sure. I am very sure I never felt closer to or loved another...
  4. T

Stressed and worried over symptoms

Hello All, Over the past month I have had some crazy stuff happen to me that really has me stressed out and terrified. Let me start by saying that I have always been an anxious, worrying person but it hasn’t really had any impact on my physical health (at least until this last month). I am just...
  5. N

Without mum

So im here. Its been 10 days since mum died. Went to work this week. We did the 3 day memorial and then the 9 day memorial. House filled with people. Yet im missing mum. Especially at nights and mornings. The smiles the goodmornings her phonecalls to work. Strange i didnt miss it all this time...
  6. B

Universal soothing music - beautiful scenes

May this lift your spirit beyond place. May blessings abound. B. Peace be unto you. https://youtu.be/NuIAYHVeFYs
  7. wishmobbing

Wishmobbing's boyfriend slipped away

Dear forum friends, after a mostly good year, a couple of harder months and a final night with lots of music and holding hands my PALS peacefully fell asleep and never woke up again. In the 13 month after diagnosis he lost a lot, his work (never missed), his ability to move (accepted with...
  8. KarenNWendyn

Recordings of my music

I’ve pretty much lost my ability to play bassoon due to loss of fine motor strength in my hands. I decided to make a series of recordings for my partner while I still could. I guess it’s a bit like voice banking in that I probably should have done this sooner. The recording here is a...
  9. JimInVA

Controlling The Television

Our TV setup is somewhat complicated. We have Cable TV (Verizon FIOS) which feeds into Verizon's Cable Control Box. That feed is then routed to the Onkyo Audio Receiver (which allows me control of various other sources... ROKU, BlueRay, Bluetooth, etc.). I have the Universal Remote Control...
  10. KarenNWendyn

Baroque music workshop

I thought I’d share this one with you. I’ve spent this past week at an early music workshop in California. I have been to this workshop 11 times in the past, playing my baroque bassoon. (Yeah, I know, if it ain’t baroque, don’t fix it :-) ). We are a group of mostly amateur and some...
Back